• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Has 10DLC Registration shut down your CRM Text Messaging?

Got it. You may just have me stumped on my first test.

The reason I was asking if you were leveraging a comms partner (Twilio, Bandwidth, Vonage, etc) is because their carrier relationships may be what bypasses whatever upsell or restricted access exists. Though, I don't know.

I sent a note to our carrier relations team to see what they may have on this.
Twilio.

However, Twilio is not the issue. I say this because as soon as a CNAM is changed in Twilio, it immediately shows with most Mobile Carriers. I tested one about 3 minutes after the Twilio Update, and it was updated with US Cellular.

My goal certainly wasn't to stump you or in any way embarrass you. You were clear that this really isn't your area of expertise. I understand that for sure.

Reactions: JDHigginbotham
Just a sidenote for everyone struggling with this 10DLC issue, Toll Free Numbers are exempt from these regulations.

I will say, our latest 10DLC registrations for both SMS and RVM took < 24 hours for the Brand and Company Profile to get approved.
The campaigns are another store - campaigns that don't check the "includes links" box seem to get approved in about 24 hours, but if we check the box that messages might include links, sometimes it takes up to 3-4 days still.

All told, my first registration took 5 weeks so I'm excited to be down to a handful of days.

I will say, our latest 10DLC registrations for both SMS and RVM took < 24 hours for the Brand and Company Profile to get approved.
The campaigns are another store - campaigns that don't check the "includes links" box seem to get approved in about 24 hours, but if we check the box that messages might include links, sometimes it takes up to 3-4 days still.

All told, my first registration took 5 weeks so I'm excited to be down to a handful of days.
Anything less than a week is a win!! :cool:

Reactions: craigh
@Tallcool1

I appreciate that. If there's one thing I've learned from selling to car dealers, its that if you don't know something you need to be transparent. The BS meter in this room is something I'm very aware of haha.

To your TFN comment. YES. I've been waiting for the opportunity to ask how married dealers in here are to having a local number show on an SMS thread. The e-commerce platforms I work with just want simple and dependable regardless of number type. From my experience, dealers want the local number...but is the pain of 10DLC worth reconsidering the swap to TFN?

Another thought, having a TFN as a redundancy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tallcool1
OUCH!

I was receiving email communications from eLead about a year ago over this. I believe a few "update alerts" inside of the UI were also happening. If I recall correctly, the dealers information needed to match exactly what is on their W-9.

I'll see if my connection would be available to shed some light on this. @Rick Buffkin - my connection checked a few (3) of your stores including your Toyo dealer and reported back that they are registered properly. But again they only checked a few.

BTW - It's our wonderful government and providers that are mandating this and not elead or the other CRMs. They want control over who is texting.

It should take only a few days for the registration to process.

Here is one of the last communications I received in Feb 2023.

View attachment 8156
View attachment 8157
View attachment 8158

Any chance you could hook us up with a contact at Elead to help us expedite/ shed some light on our stores? We have 23 Harley stores and it's going on 2.5 months now with nothing back from Elead... Ty in advance!

Any chance you could hook us up with a contact at Elead to help us expedite/ shed some light on our stores? We have 23 Harley stores and it's going on 2.5 months now with nothing back from Elead... Ty in advance!

@Jbucknam few items to review.

1. Did you or have you sent eLead a copy of your dealers W-9 form? It's imperative that the information on your dealerships W-9 form is EXACT to what eLead has on file. IF this information matches BUT the service (text) is still being blocked, then you need to provide a copy of your dealerships EIN Confirmation Letter, also known as the CP 575 Notice. Apparently the providers are making it difficult and if the data is not matching 100% - it gets kicked out.

2. When you do call eLead support, tell them you need someone that can handle and escalate "blocked 10DLC." Be sure they are able to verify the matched data's accuracy against the 2 forms listed above.

It may sound like I know what I'm talking about here, but not really. I'm merely doing my best to translate what my contact has laid out for me through a text message. :dunno: But they helped us with our issues and a few others.

IF you get this far with eLead support but still no results, DM me and I'll see what additional help I can provide.

Reactions: Rick Buffkin

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgKqo-AWNCY

Speaking of these issues and this discussion, the weeks RefreshFriday is all about what we are discussing here.

We are going to a look behind the SMS curtain with J.D. Higginbotham.

It all started when eLead dealers began receiving 10DLC issues regarding texting. J.D. chimed in to help those dealers understand what was going on. And then we realized just how versed he is in the world of text messaging.

Vonage is a Twilio competitor. They don't just make VOIP phones for grandma. Join this live conversation to ask your questions and learn the ins and outs of text messaging in this strict communications environment.

Reactions: Alex Snyder