• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Has VinSolutions outgrown it's good service?

tomfohr

CSI Bandit
Dec 15, 2011
First Name
Tom
Anyone else seem to notice VinSolutions level of customer service/tech support really starting to take a turn for the worse the larger they get? Tech support tickets on seemingly easy issues never getting fixed, no real help with updating our processes and templates to newer relevant best practices, help implementing best practices, helping us find new opportunities or areas to improve, ect. We are part of a 12 store dealer group and just seems like we would be getting a lot better service for the amount of money we pay on a yearly basis. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

The majority of the stores / groups we work with use Vin. Yes, this can be the case with them - however you may need to change your approach.

We have had success resolving issues by making it as easy as humanly possible for their support team. So if there is an issue we 9/10 already have the solution diagnosed and clearly explain what the resolution is. In addition, we keep a clear track record of what needs to get fixed versus what is still pending and stay on them (we have our own tickets to track their tickets!)

Regarding template creation, processes and automation. From what I seen no major automotive CRM comes close to offering this to the level needed. A custom built automation with all the assets, writing, html and design of the sales process can easily take close to 500 hours to initially build. The CRM companies are not going to 'throw this in', plus it can create a never ending flow of support requests as the dealership wants individual changes, tweaks etc. This is why none of them really want to mess with the automation...

The majority of the stores / groups we work with use Vin. Yes, this can be the case with them - however you may need to change your approach.

We have had success resolving issues by making it as easy as humanly possible for their support team. So if there is an issue we 9/10 already have the solution diagnosed and clearly explain what the resolution is. In addition, we keep a clear track record of what needs to get fixed versus what is still pending and stay on them (we have our own tickets to track their tickets!)

Regarding template creation, processes and automation. From what I seen no major automotive CRM comes close to offering this to the level needed. A custom built automation with all the assets, writing, html and design of the sales process can easily take close to 500 hours to initially build. The CRM companies are not going to 'throw this in', plus it can create a never ending flow of support requests as the dealership wants individual changes, tweaks etc. This is why none of them really want to mess with the automation...
I guess I just expect more when as a dealer group we spend $300k+ annually

I tend to see this everywhere.
1. Company is great and offers amazing service.
2. Company gets bigger.
3. Company decides to focus more on client acquisition than client care.
4. Company loses small portion of clients who were the highest maintenance clients anyways
5. Profit

It's the cycle I wish I would stop seeing everywhere.

I hear you. The 500 hours I quoted is for a large group with heavy individualization for the stores when you factor in all of the work and add up all the time it takes to really make it great. Plus it always needs attention. Of course this can be done in way less time when you templatize everything (probably closer to 150). But still that requires 'a specific set of skills' that most dealership employees won't have.

There is a confusing mess happening with VinSolutions right now --- and I am experiencing this first hand. Cox Automotive purchased DealerTrack, which had previously purchased Dealer.com. Cox is going to move ALL VinSolution website dealers over to Dealer.com websites. This is going to take upward to 18 months. Support staff seem to be influx as well, and there ticketing system is backlogged. If you don't have a direct commucation with their support, tickets will sit for days.

• Useful
Reactions: John W.