• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Highlights from Vegas?

Alex Snyder

President Skroob
Staff member
May 1, 2006
Awards
First Name
Alex
I went, I saw, I didn't go to bed.

Aside from the usual Vegas shenanigans I'm curious to hear what you thought were the biggest highlights of your time there....or what you might have seen in a streaming video.
  • For me, the entire DrivingSales Executive Summit was fantastic :thumbup: It gets better every year.
  • The hall conversations are always my favorite part of any conference, and getting to see new faces to old DealerRefresh screen names is a massive plus.
  • One of my other favorite parts was seeing an entire room of people applaud Dennis Galbraith after he called :bs: on Larry Bruce. That was classic :lol:
What did you see?

Yago - a photo with Ralph was your biggest highlight of the week?

Mine was DSES. Jared and the Driving Sales crew did one hell of a job this year. The guest speakers and keynotes were amazing. Gary Vaynerchuk was one of the best keynotes I've ever had the opportunity to see.

Dealer.com introduced theirnew study revealing the growing influence of social media on the vehicle purchase during DSES. Most of the findings I found to be what I would expect. But there were a few reinforcement finding in the study. This still begs the question - Where does social media (marketing) fit into the dealers landscape?

As Alex points out - one of the best parts of the conferences is meeting in person so many of the community members here on DealerRefresh. I just wish I had more time to hang out with everyone.

I had a blast sitting on Eric's panel at DSES. That turned into a complete riot with Dennis Galbraith and Larry Bruce. :rofl:

I felt extremely special when I was presented the AWA Lighthouse Award. That was a very nice surprise - thanks to everyone!

Jeff-Kershner-Lighthouse2.jpg

Jerry Thibeau's mystery shopping session was funny. It would have been nice to walk away with a prize but the training book will have to do. @Jeff K. I wanted to say hello since I am on this site the all the time but you were surrounded by no less then five people the entire time. Meeting the other dealership personnel is always informative and you can learn a lot when the Johnnie Walker Blue is flowing.

Last edited: