• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Homepage Hero Banner Slides?

I need to fill out my bio better, since I am no longer a "lurker". To really get a clear picture of what your site is getting as far as clicks, engagement, and movement, I would highly recommend signing up for and installing HotJar! I love it, gives me great insight as to the hot spots on a page, and the recording ability allows to to actually watch and analyze many user's experiences, clicks, and mouse movements and pauses. This is important when choosing CTA's and other items such as slides on a hero slider or where to place something. You can see and send the videos of the anonymized user. This could work if you are presenting the reasoning to your OEM. They offer a free trial and then a cheap (small cost in a typical dealer budget) monthly.

https://www.hotjar.com/r/r5ea4ef

• Useful
Reactions: Alexander Lau
I need to fill out my bio better, since I am no longer a "lurker". To really get a clear picture of what your site is getting as far as clicks, engagement, and movement, I would highly recommend signing up for and installing HotJar! I love it, gives me great insight as to the hot spots on a page, and the recording ability allows to to actually watch and analyze many user's experiences, clicks, and mouse movements and pauses. This is important when choosing CTA's and other items such as slides on a hero slider or where to place something. You can see and send the videos of the anonymized user. This could work if you are presenting the reasoning to your OEM. They offer a free trial and then a cheap (small cost in a typical dealer budget) monthly.

https://www.hotjar.com/r/r5ea4ef

Thanks for the link @Gray Scott and thanks for no longer lurking. Before Hotjar, back in the day we used ClickTail. Looks as if they've since changed their business model. Using any of the several services like Hotjar, is a real eye opener!

• Useful
Reactions: Alexander Lau
Thanks for the link @Gray Scott and thanks for no longer lurking. Before Hotjar, back in the day we used ClickTail. Looks as if they've since changed their business model. Using any of the several services like Hotjar, is a real eye opener!
Clicktale is great (have used it thousands of times), I still think they have the same tools as they had, they are just buried a bit.