• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How are your new car sales for November 2011 so far?

Coming back around to the original reason this thread started, where the hell is all this growth Automotive News is claiming in this article? http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20111130/RETAIL01/111139998/1448

We are off 48% in sales this month, and no one I have talked to tells me they are up. I was on the phone today with someone at VADA and they tell me our state is over 1,100 units behind this month. I talk to friends all over the country and none are seeing any positive % change in Nov? So where is it?

We started out the month strong, tripling our previous mtd numbers, then about the middle of the second week, it went cold! Anyone else seeing this?

Coming back around to the original reason this thread started, where the hell is all this growth Automotive News is claiming in this article? http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20111130/RETAIL01/111139998/1448

We are off 48% in sales this month, and no one I have talked to tells me they are up. I was on the phone today with someone at VADA and they tell me our state is over 1,100 units behind this month. I talk to friends all over the country and none are seeing any positive % change in Nov? So where is it?

We started out the month strong, tripling our previous mtd numbers, then about the middle of the second week, it went cold! Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks for bringing the thread back. I do not think one Honda dealer in our district will hit their # this month. That's 18 dealerships.
Who is leading the up tick that is being reported ? Hyundai ? GM ? Ford ?

My November new car sales could best be described as "SUPER POOPY!" I am wondering where all the new cars are being sold... My pea-brain analysis is that November will go down as the biggest fleet-sales month of the year. My October was rockin' and I was expecting a similar November. We had the inventory, we had the advertising, we had the traffic... We just didn't have the buyers... VERY disappointing month with regards to new... USED, on the other hand, was VERY strong and saved our month...

Per Los Angeles Times: (Notice that Nissan sold more cars than Honda and Ford is closing in on Government Motors)

While most automakers posted healthy gains in U.S. auto sales in November, Toyota and Honda, the Japanese giants of the industry, continued to struggle.
Toyota Motor Corp. said its sales rose 6.7% to 137,960 vehicles in November compared with the same month a year earlier. Honda Motor Co. sales fell 6.4% to 83,925 vehicles.
They continue to lose market share to domestic automakers and rivals from South Korea and Germany.
Ford Motor Co. said its November sales rose 13.3% to 166,865 vehicles compared with a year earlier. General Motors said its sales rose 6.9% to 180,402 vehicles. Chrysler Group said its sales rose 45% to 107,172 vehicles.
Hyundai Motor America said its sales rose 22% to 49,610 vehicles in November. Volkswagen of America said sales of its VW brand jumped 40.7% to 28,412 vehicles.
Nissan was the lone standout of the big Japanese brands with sales growing 19.4% in November to 85,182 vehicles.
Altogether, the industry sold vehicles at an annual sales pace of about 13.5 million units, the highest level since the 'cash for clunkers' stimulus program of August 2009.
To be sure, Toyota and Honda were snakebit by events out of their control.

We made it at the bell on new, by 1...used sales not too bad. I have a friend in CO that just said they had the best month since he's been there. Maybe everyone is out buying cars before hitting the slopes?

Same here. New Car hit budget, used cars just off, by 10 units. Gross still pretty strong, though. Overall units and gross better than last year.

My old GM sent me the districts numbers. Nissan, in this market was well above national average which was really good. He have a good month in both new and used. His grosses were staggering. When I was there, we did 70% of total sales, through the internet. That dropped to 48%.

Only 6 of 138 Honda dealers in my area hit their quota. Used cars was strong & gross on new cars was solid, but we missed our goal by 43 units.

Honda is hoping for a 20% increase for 2012. New CRV will start to land soon. Newly designed 2013 Accord will be out late summer. EV Fit is on the horizon. We'll see.... Time to finish off 2011.

Only 6 of 138 Honda dealers in my area hit their quota. Used cars was strong & gross on new cars was solid, but we missed our goal by 43 units.

Honda is hoping for a 20% increase for 2012. New CRV will start to land soon. Newly designed 2013 Accord will be out late summer. EV Fit is on the horizon. We'll see.... Time to finish off 2011.

Nissan beat Honda in November. Now that Honda has inventory, I expected them to spend some of the advertising money, they have been sitting on. However; I haven't noticed a lot of Nissan advertising.