• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

I need a replacement for AccuTrade...Any Suggestions?

bringles

Just Get'm In
Apr 17, 2013
Awards
First Name
Erik
Hi,
As most of you already know cars.com bought AccuTrade, packaged it with some other features and jacked up the price to $1500 (from base price of $199). I really only used AccuTrade for the Google plug in and in person appraisals.

I currently use Stockwave for sourcing inventory from multiple auctions but their Google plug in is not very good compared to AccuTrade. Laser appraiser does not have a google plug in. Having a tool that slides out from the side of your webpage and scrapes all of the data from the various auctions vdp is very helpful. I happily paid Accutrade $249 a month becuase I am mostly buying on Openlane, ACV, and Eblock and it saved me a ton of time.

Any Sugguestions?

Reactions: Alex Snyder
I've been looking for an alternative to Stockwave for a while and there doesn't seem to be anything the same functionality. Even though Stockwave is severely broken in many ways and Cox offers ZERO customer support, it's the best I've found. I demoed Accutrade but ultimately decided Stockwave was a better alternative for how we were sourcing inventory.

I feel like there's a pretty large product hole where Accutrade left off. I've been wanting to work on something like this for a while but lack the bandwidth at the moment.

I've been looking for an alternative to Stockwave for a while and there doesn't seem to be anything the same functionality. Even though Stockwave is severely broken in many ways and Cox offers ZERO customer support, it's the best I've found. I demoed Accutrade but ultimately decided Stockwave was a better alternative for how we were sourcing inventory.

I feel like there's a pretty large product hole where Accutrade left off. I've been wanting to work on something like this for a while but lack the bandwidth at the moment.
Hi,
I have come across the same issue with Stockwave. I am just curious what other software have you tried in addition to them? If you are looking for a good chrome plug in tool, I just started using Carbly and I am impressed so far considering the cost. Here is my referral link for 14 day free trial below. Their auction sourcing tool sucks, but you can add what you need ala-carte. I think I am paying $150/month for base software plus kbb and mmr data.

Reactions: Jon Singo
Hi,
As most of you already know cars.com bought AccuTrade, packaged it with some other features and jacked up the price to $1500 (from base price of $199). I really only used AccuTrade for the Google plug in and in person appraisals.

I currently use Stockwave for sourcing inventory from multiple auctions but their Google plug in is not very good compared to AccuTrade. Laser appraiser does not have a google plug in. Having a tool that slides out from the side of your webpage and scrapes all of the data from the various auctions vdp is very helpful. I happily paid Accutrade $249 a month becuase I am mostly buying on Openlane, ACV, and Eblock and it saved me a ton of time.

Any Sugguestions?
Hi

bringles

I completely understand your frustration with the recent changes to the AccuTrade pricing model. It's disappointing when a tool you rely on undergoes such a significant price increase.

Considering your specific needs, it seems you've already explored Stockwave and Laser appraiser without finding a suitable Google plug-in. However, you might want to check out alternatives like VinSolutions or Auction Genius. They offer inventory management solutions, and although they may not replicate the exact functionality of AccuTrade, they might have features that align with your requirements.

Additionally, reaching out to other professionals in your industry through forums or social media groups could provide valuable insights. Collaborating with peers who have faced similar challenges might lead to discovering alternative tools or workarounds.

Remember, adapting to changes in the automotive industry is an ongoing process, and your fellow professionals can be a great resource in finding the best solutions.

Best of luck in your search for a suitable alternative!

Car Media

Hi,
I have come across the same issue with Stockwave. I am just curious what other software have you tried in addition to them? If you are looking for a good chrome plug in tool, I just started using Carbly and I am impressed so far considering the cost. Here is my referral link for 14 day free trial below. Their auction sourcing tool sucks, but you can add what you need ala-carte. I think I am paying $150/month for base software plus kbb and mmr data.
Thanks! I've been meaning to try them so I'll check it out.

We've tried Accutrade, Laser Appraise, and currently use Stockwave. Stockwave could be really great but it's incredibly buggy, has inconsistent data, and the filters don't always work like they should. I can't imagine it would be that hard to fix what's wrong with it, they just don't care. I've put in numerous tickets only to be contacted 45-60 days later by someone who has no idea what is going on. But the ability to search massive amounts of inventory and sort based on X,Y, and Z is ideal and second to none AFAIK. Being able to look at as many vehicles as possible, as quickly as possible is the key to lowering your acquisition costs. Focusing on a small amount of potential units is how you spend too much.

Ultimately I don't think designing a plugin like Stockwave with similar functionality would be incredibly difficult, I just lack the technical acumen to do so. It's been an idea of mine for a while. Just need to set some time aside to work on it.