• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Inexpensive device to take 360 photos

The only way to do this type of picture with existing equipment would be through stitching many pictures together using software.

HomeNet has the software to do it and I looked into it a few years ago. It was neat the first few times you saw it (just like video) but I still think photos show the car better than anything else, including videos.

Here is a link to one done a few years ago so you get the idea, click on 360 inspection. It also has a cool magnification tool

2001 BMW M5

Just came across 360 picture viewer on the limited edition orange STI in CarandDriver. It's awesome.
Orange Special Edition 2013 Subaru WRX STi 360° photos

I really, really like the interactive nature of this wordpress plugin for a 360° feel. Using this as a photo viewer would be perfect in our industry for our websites! As a shopper, you can animate the vehicle yourself, moving the cursor back and forth like a normal 360° viewer, but for us, it still only uses normal pictures. Plus, as a shopper, you can flick back and forth to different features so much quicker than the typical, boring photo viewer.

(I know video is still the best option, but it is very time intensive and you have to have the right people.)

What does everything think of this as a photo viewer for our industry? If anything else, that STI is awesome.

Reactions: 2 people