• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

iPads in Dealership

Eley Duke

Boss
Nov 30, 2009
Awards
First Name
Eley
We just went live with the GM Multi-Point Inspection system online and I am curious who is is doing this and if you are using the iPad to do the MPVI check-off's?

If so, what kind of protective cases have you bought for your iPads in service and how do you like those? Are you using a dock station for each advisor and are you using external keyboards? What is working best for you?

Everyone - are you using iPads at the dealership? What accessories are worthwhile in any application, sales or service?

Has your sales or service department adapted or plan to adapt iPads?

How are you using your iPad / Tablet to help with process?

Does your CRM work on iPad? If so - what CRM are you using?

*Also feel free to add your favorite case for your iPad (I am looking for one for my iPad that can also be a folder but not bulky).

Thanks,

Eley

Last edited by a moderator:
My personal iPad uses a folding one from InCase. Bought it from Best Buy, don't have time to dig it back out.

Two iPads in our group are protected by Griffin Survivor cases, which seem to offer the best security without getting stupid. Would seem perfect for a service environment.

One of our CRM dealers has moved their entire sales staff to iPads for customer entry and paperwork/numbers presentation. They claim the professionalism has increased customer willingness to say "yes" much quicker.....aka....higher PVR $$$.

They have not had any issues with iPads growing legs which was my concern when I first heard they were doing this. But their GM is incredibly connected with all the store's going-ons.

The new iPad smart case works really well: iPad Smart Case - Polyurethane - Dark Gray - Apple Store (U.S.)

Reactions: 2 people
One of our CRM dealers has moved their entire sales staff to iPads for customer entry and paperwork/numbers presentation. They claim the professionalism has increased customer willingness to say "yes" much quicker.....aka....higher PVR $$$.

They have not had any issues with iPads growing legs which was my concern when I first heard they were doing this. But their GM is incredibly connected with all the store's going-ons.

The new iPad smart case works really well: iPad Smart Case - Polyurethane - Dark Gray - Apple Store (U.S.)

I would need little convincing to believe this. Already convinced! What more would a sales person really need that they wouldn't be able to do an iPad (given their CRM works on an iPad). Heck, they could even take photos of their happy customers with it and post to facebook.

We should use this thread to include ALL the CRM services, Inventory and other daily used software that works on an ipad - that the sale personell would "NEED".

@Eley , If you don't mind - I'm going to edit your original thread to include a few question around CRM and software.

Let's begin!

Last edited:
@Eley , If you don't mind - I'm going to edit your original thread to include a few question around CRM and software.

Let's begin!

Dang it Jeff, all I wanted was to find out a cool new iPad folder for myself. Just kidding. I think this is a great idea and I welcome it! I too want to know how people are using iPads in their stores. I will chime in with what we are doing later, trying to close last month.

One of our CRM dealers has moved their entire sales staff to iPads for customer entry and paperwork/numbers presentation....blah blah blah

Since this thread is taking a new tone, I just want to give this dealer credit (for the record) for coining the term "under glass." He says the difference between showing payments on paper vs. "under glass" is unbelievable.

One of our CRM dealers has moved their entire sales staff to iPads for customer entry and paperwork/numbers presentation.

I saw a customer on the floor ask a question about the AWD system on a particular unit. In 2 shakes of a lamb's tail, the salesperson was showing an OEM-created video to the customer explaining the AWD system.

Powerful, engaging stuff.