• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

iPads in Dealership

This is getting a little deep, but it reminds me of some of the training counselors receive. They are trained to avoid having physical objects between you and the person you are speaking with as it is a nonverbal clue suggesting that you need to have barriers. By removing this you are suggesting a more open level of communication, and keeping all parties more relaxed.

Here's a worksheet on it: Advising & Learning Assistance Center, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

"Be open to the speaker by using open body language and by removing any physical barriers (such as big desks) between you and the student. These simple actions will show your receptiveness to whatever the student has to say."

So, an additional advantage of using Ipads is that you are forced to remove the physical barrier between you and your customer. You will be forced to move to the same side to explain everything on the screen. This should lead to more open communication and trust.

We have several dealerships desking deals and using mQuote on their iPads to create multiple-pencil offer presentation and negotiation tool.

Lease payments and purchase options are presented electronically and all customer counter-offers and responses are automatically submitted back to the desk for management review.

We use an iPad quite extensively in the used-car process. We're able to take the iPads onto the lot & put what features the used cars have while we're sitting in them! We also take pictures of any sublet work that needs to be done (PDR, etc) & then mark up the pictures using a program called SKITCH & then place them in 1 folder per car in Google Drive, these folders are shared amongst all management staff (including the Service Manager). That way, if a sublet vendor comes in on someone's day off, any manager can pull what needs to be done. It's also beneficial for seeing how much work needs to be done to a particular vehicle all in one place.

So Chili's is installing tablets at every table, just to sell more Molten Chocolate Cake - what's stopping dealerships from arming their folks with the latest technology to sell more vehicles, accessories and F&I products?

"CHILI'S IS INSTALLING TOUCHSCREEN TABLETS AT TABLES TO GET YOU TO BUY MORE FOOD - FastCompany"

Ed, I was just talking to Jeff Monday night about this. We are in the middle of a renovation and I need to buy new computers for all sales and service writers. With all the processes we have today and the future I see coming in dealerships with being mobile I am going to buy all tablets with dock stations. My problem is GM doesn't play nice with IOS through Global Connect and a lot of other applications. So I am looking at the new Surface and others with my IT consultant. Will keep this up to date, and I may start a new thread about tablets to get input and for people to share what they are using, including outside Apple iPad.

Eley

Reactions: 1 person
We have not used them in our service or sales processes yet. But have 3 of them that we provide to service customers while waiting for their cars to be repaired. I downloaded several magazine and news apps, Flipboard, Feedly etc to give them plenty of reading material. There are some games that we installed to keep the kids busy and entertained. If you have a loud kid in your waiting room, give them an iPad with a games on it. They get quiet pretty quickly :) It's amazing how much quicker the time goes by while reading on a piece of equipment instead of staring at the lounge TV for a couple of hours.