• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Low Cost Live Chat Software

We don't use chat because we don't have the manpower and internet savvy. It would end up being a failure in the eyes of the consumer who tries to use it.

That is a common misconception of chat. Man power - most chat technology is presence aware....means that it only offers chat on your website when someone is physically in front of the computer. Internet Savvy - if you can write an email you have the skills to type a message back and forth via chat. A lot of companies will try to scare everyone and say it's some VERY complex technology and you can't handle it but it really is a very simple tool. When you are in front of your computer if someone wants to chat you get a pop up window with an sound/alarm that will tell you that someone wants to chat and you accept the conversation and use canned messages and type custom messages in the field provided.

If anyone tries to tell you that its more than that THEY ARE LYING!!!

yes you need to know what to say but you figured the phone out so you will figure this out as well.

There are companies that will answer them for you and send you the lead as well if you feel you can't handle it but try it first and then give it to them if you truly feel it is too much for you.

I have signed up hundreds of accounts and not one has changed processes or hired additional people for chat. You don't change the process when your phone rings you don't change the process when your computer rings.

I know some chat companies and lovers of other chat companies may have a problem with what I have said.

disclaimer- some dealers are capable of answer themselves and others are not. You decide what dealer you are and don't get sold by the fear tactics of some.

Have a blessed day and spread your wings and try something new.

We don't use chat because we don't have the manpower and internet savvy. It would end up being a failure in the eyes of the consumer who tries to use it.

Jason, if you don't have the manpower, take advantage of a full service provider<<<<<<<<<<<<<You could be increasing your lead conversion from your website by 30 to 60% and improving cutomer satisfaction/loyalty. Automotive Live Chat is a win win, and the best ROI available to dealers today.

Shereef

Manpower is definitely one of the major issues within dealerships. When I was at Walser it was a huge success, with almost a 30% lift in online leads over 13 dealerships. However, it ultimately failed once I moved on because of turnover and nobody was enforcing the presence.

I would be interested in hearing perspectives on the managed solutions that exist.

Manpower is definitely one of the major issues within dealerships. When I was at Walser it was a huge success, with almost a 30% lift in online leads over 13 dealerships. However, it ultimately failed once I moved on because of turnover and nobody was enforcing the presence.

I would be interested in hearing perspectives on the managed solutions that exist.

Hi Nick

The four main players are CarChat24, Activengage, OutSell, and SiteLive that provide a complete support solution. Outsell is one of the biggest, and offers 18 hour a day staffed support, SiteLive has been around for the longest, and offers 12 hours a day. I personally wouldn't recommend either of the first two because their conversion results are weak. Neither of them use proactive invitations 100% of the time unless you pay a premium, and they seem to be in it more for the flat monthly rate, than to increase interaction and create leads. Activengage is the only support provider that offers my company any real competition performance wise. They use proactive greetings 100% of the time, like we do, and they seem to be prompt in answering chats. They have done a good job at marketing themselves and charge more than any of the other providers that I am aware of. They provide 9AM to 9PM coverage, and I believe they charge extra for weekends. CarChat24 is the only support provider that offers 24/7 coverage that I know of, but I can't go into to much detail here on my own company. You can visit all of the above 4 providers at the following URL's www.carchat24.com www.activengage.com www.outsell.com www.sitelive.com

Shereef

Almost forgot Contact at Once. They are more of a chat software provider, but do offer staffing at around 5.00 per chat....didn't want to get Ryan mad at me for leaving him out lol www.contactatonce.com

Last edited:
Hi Nick

The four main players are CarChat24, Activengage, OutSell, and SiteLive that provide a complete support solution. Outsell is one of the biggest, and offers 18 hour a day staffed support, SiteLive has been around for the longest, and offers 12 hours a day. I personally wouldn't recommend either of the first two because their conversion results are weak. Neither of them use proactive invitations 100% of the time unless you pay a premium, and they seem to be in it more for the flat monthly rate, than to increase interaction and create leads. Activengage is the only support provider that offers my company any real competition performance wise. They use proactive greetings 100% of the time, like we do, and they seem to be prompt in answering chats. They have done a good job at marketing themselves and charge more than any of the other providers that I am aware of. They provide 9AM to 9PM coverage, and I believe they charge extra for weekends. CarChat24 is the only support provider that offers 24/7 coverage that I know of, but I can't go into to much detail here on my own company. You can visit all of the above 4 providers at the following URL's www.carchat24.com www.activengage.com www.outsell.com www.sitelive.com

Shereef

Almost forgot Contact at Once. They are more of a chat software provider, but do offer staffing at around 5.00 per chat....didn't want to get Ryan mad at me for leaving him out lol www.contactatonce.com

I'd say that is a pretty good assessment from someone who works for one of the 5 mentioned. I couldn't get mad at you....your my favorite competition. By the way CAO is 24/7 staffed. We also have a few different ways to pay based on volume.

What you will find is different companies specialize in certain area's. Some offer a BDC and resell someone else's chat but their goal is to sell you their BDC service. Others offer the dealer chat and only recommend offering the answering service when you can't answer.

You have 2 ideas behind the answering service......they can answer all your leads or they can answer the ones you can't.

We don't push the full time answering service because it's never as effective as when the dealer answers them. We would rather train you to do it right.

Thats great but it probably doesn't send leads to your CRM in ADF format. Cost isn't an issue for chat. If a dealer says cost is why he isn't using chat the sales person hasn't done a good enough job proving the value.

It's smarter to pay a $200 fee and have a product that is built around the auto industry.