• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Low Cost Live Chat Software

Thats great but it probably doesn't send leads to your CRM in ADF format. Cost isn't an issue for chat. If a dealer says cost is why he isn't using chat the sales person hasn't done a good enough job proving the value.

It's smarter to pay a $200 fee and have a product that is built around the auto industry.

Ryan

You are on the money, olark is a nice tool, but if it is to be used effectively it needs to be able to be tracked, and have the data available in a CRM for accurate follow up. They do have a good concept if developed further. But nothing beats dedicated staff that are available 24/7 to answer all chats.

Click on the link below to see a live Dealer Chat case study here on DealerRefresh

http://forum.dealerrefresh.com/f43/...port-staff-leads-case-study-2-months-505.html

I have been looking into chat for dealerships, but I have made a lot of changes and put a lot on my Internet Managers in the two months since taking over the internet dept. Not sure I want to add this responsibility on to their plate quite yet. I would be interested in the fully managed chat.
Is anyone using the fully managed chat? Like it?

I have been looking into chat for dealerships, but I have made a lot of changes and put a lot on my Internet Managers in the two months since taking over the internet dept. Not sure I want to add this responsibility on to their plate quite yet. I would be interested in the fully managed chat.
Is anyone using the fully managed chat? Like it?

Hi AJ

Below is a link to what some of our clients are saying about our 24/7 fully staffed live chat support.

Our Achieved Success | Car Dealer Marketing | CarChat24.com

@caoryan According to your site you output XML files "Lead delivery in industry standard XML lead formats (e.g., ADF 1.0)." A standard output format across any data platform (Olark outputs in XML). How many dealers know what that means?

Certainly, I think you have what looks like a good product and at least you show your pricing. I suggested it for dealers that want to dip their toes in and try something that can be setup easily and that appears to be dead simple to use and intuitive. Dealers that run a smaller business than you are targeting...maybe dealers that don't want to outsource chat and actually have a fair chance of knowing the people that visit their site.

Maybe they find Olark isn't enough for their needs and need to graduate to a product like yours.

I highly recc CaO's staffed Chat solution. They outperformed our staff by an amount I'd rather not admit.

Hi Joe

When did you start using their staffed support? The last time I looked (Yesterday) the auto invitation to chat on your site showed someone with your same last name (Your Wife?). I think they have great software, but haven't heard much about their backup staffed solution. Are you using them for backup?

We have been using chat for close to a year now (2, actually; we have the ContactAtOnce chat service that comes with cars.com, plus we use ClientConXion for the store sites).

I don't understand how remote staffed chat can be viable. The chat requests I receive are from people who want to discuss (in great detail, sometimes) an actual vehicle on our lot. Or the chatters want to know about financing particulars, or incentives particulars, etc. etc. etc.

With the exception of mundane matters ("What are your hours?" "What exit do I take off the freeway?") the questions and curiosities of the chatters require answers that a remote staffer could not begin to know.

@caoryan According to your site you output XML files "Lead delivery in industry standard XML lead formats (e.g., ADF 1.0)." A standard output format across any data platform (Olark outputs in XML). How many dealers know what that means?

Certainly, I think you have what looks like a good product and at least you show your pricing. I suggested it for dealers that want to dip their toes in and try something that can be setup easily and that appears to be dead simple to use and intuitive. Dealers that run a smaller business than you are targeting...maybe dealers that don't want to outsource chat and actually have a fair chance of knowing the people that visit their site.

Maybe they find Olark isn't enough for their needs and need to graduate to a product like yours.

We are a great solution for every size dealership. Price really isn't an issue at $200. You could not imagine how many cars even smaller dealers sell with chat. We prefer to send all chats to the dealer as long as they are available. We only offer a 24/7 chat answering service to get their backs. We do a pretty good job but could never do as well as a trained sales person at the store. Our product is unlike my friend Shereef's we try to send all chats to the dealership first and if they don't answer we jump in. We answer as customer service and try to forward the chats to the dealer while collecting information in a non pushy way.

Most dealers look at me like I am stupid when I explain this but we really promote the power of a face. We allow salespeople to upload an image so the brand themselves on the website. Studies show that more people will actually start a chat with someone they can see. We even have the technology to do live video chat where you can speak to the site visitor through your computer. Its a little more advanced than most dealers want but it comes standard. All of this is very simple.

There are hundreds of chat companies out there but only one that you can use for all your 3rd parties and your own website with the support of a 24/7 back up service.

If you are looking for a full time 24/7 BDC Shereef might be your guy. We would rather teach you how to do it and only get your back when you are busy or off.

@caoryan

Didn't really answer my question...reads like a sales pitch. Regardless, I see your points.

Interested to know if you have typical sales per month breakdown by dealer size attributed to your chat? Or even a breakdown of customers by store size?

We have been using chat for close to a year now (2, actually; we have the ContactAtOnce chat service that comes with cars.com, plus we use ClientConXion for the store sites).

I don't understand how remote staffed chat can be viable. The chat requests I receive are from people who want to discuss (in great detail, sometimes) an actual vehicle on our lot. Or the chatters want to know about financing particulars, or incentives particulars, etc. etc. etc.

With the exception of mundane matters ("What are your hours?" "What exit do I take off the freeway?") the questions and curiosities of the chatters require answers that a remote staffer could not begin to know.

Trace

It is only viable if the company providing support knows what they are doing

We provide 24/7 support for a large number of car dealers all over the U.S. and Canada, The management team of our company has over 40 years working in the car business. With hundreds of chats each day for years, we know the most common questions and how to answer them effectively. We use our proven BDC style scripts to maximize leads while providing true quality support. We update our incentive database twice daily for all manufactures in the U.S and Canada, and also update the dealers specials daily. Being a third party provider is actually an advantage because we are able to answer just enough of the clients questions to provide true quality support without giving away the farm, and gain the clients contact info or set an appointment 60 to 70% of the time. Our operators train for 45 days before they are authorized to take chats, and only after they have reached our performance bench marks and passed all testing for product knowledge.

So in closing I would say it is viable if you hire the right company :)