• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Measure Engagement with Internet Leads

Steve Roessler

Desk Monkey
Feb 15, 2016
Awards
First Name
Steve
Like to get feedback to see if you agree or disagree with this topic.

Let's say your store got 700 leads and your team scheduled 105 appts (15%). Is that good? Or should we ask a question that asks how many of the 700 did we engage. This means, your customer replied to an email, text, video or we had a conversation over the phone from your sales team. If you had a 50% engagement (350 leads), would you look at the # of appts scheduled differently? That would mean your appointment / engagement would be appx 30%. My question, how do you measure your engagement with internet leads today to improve your team's performance?

Curious minds want to know.

I don't disagree however, wouldn't a better manager be able to coach someone if their appointment set to engagement was 30%. If you are getting engagement with an internet lead, how can we improve to 40% or 50% scheduling. Make sense? Everything else would then fall into place.

One of the things that we do is push visitor activity into your CRM.
This way your sales people know what inventory and pages (ex: special finance) your leads looked at on your website before contacting you.
Think of it as walking the lot with your walk-ins or at the very least paying attention to their needs

Here is an example of what that log looks like
http://app.simpledealersuite.com//P...isitorId=3f3ae792-1181-427b-a764-cd1d7cbff820

Glad to see others are getting involved with providing Dealer's with data; it can be a powerful tool for sales staff and management. However, there should always be a disclaimer about these type of metrics (data); how is it compiled and when is it captured. Most likely, the data is only providing you with a snapshot of the user and not the entire picture. We, too, provide a Lead Report similar to the above. However, our reports provide the entire picture of the user and is sent directly into the CRM.

Getting to the question at hand regarding measuring engagement with leads.

My recommendation is to be as granular as possible. We do this for dealers based on an algorithm and don't want to spill the secret sauce. Dealers normally see an increase in appointments by 23%.

This is something I started doing a while back because I knew there was a better way to look at this info. Since we use dealersocket I am able to create documents and attach those docs to a campaign with triggers a long the way. I will then create a business rule that allows certain web tracking codes like website or 3rd party to auto enroll in the campaign and then re-direct the not so good leads into a different campaign. Things like handraisers.

I then will use those same auto emails and create templates for the reps to use.

I have the ability to run reports looking at the campaign as a whole as well as running a template results report. Once you can tell what the real engagement numbers are on the good leads you can start working through changing the language of templates or scripts. Possibly introducing media items etc.

• Useful
Reactions: ed.brooks
@Chris Great info Chris. What is the engagement you see with your email responses back? I like that you can monitor the effectiveness of your emails to change it up. Very smart. Do you also monitor texting replies and phone too for coaching one on one with your team? If you have any numbers, do you mind sharing April and May data?

If your closing rate is anywhere near 15% you're probably doing your job correctly.

Conversica has been known to increase closing rates for dealers. I made recommendations for a dealer to use it and it increased their closing rates by 5% (that's pretty big). Tools like this should help your overall sales process.

Sales: https://www.conversica.com/industry...net-lead-management-software-email-automation
Service: https://www.conversica.com/industry-automotive-car-dealership-service-software-email-automation

@Carluminati Hey buddy.... Good to hear from ya. 15% is Great! I know you do video and that most certainly helps your numbers. Based on your info, are you texting? I see about 300% increase of customers communicating back in the CRM with text. Looking to just have a discussion about how to get "more at bats" with customers if you can drive a higher engagement.

@Alexander Lau AI has great stats to your point. It's really a game changer in enhancing the customers experience when leveraged correctly in the process.

• Useful
Reactions: Alexander Lau