#RefreshFriday Merchandizing - Someone is Launching a new Service | Joe Pistell

Made in the lab this week...

This is a 1st draft of a VDP video prototype using multiple services . It's not intended to be a polished product, it's a prototype, exploring ways to leverage AI in merchandising.

Experiment's Strengths:
• Relevance: Exploiting Structured Data (Hot Options). AI Voice Over script structure (1. Intro, 2. Feature Tour, 3. Dealer USP)
• Is it Scalable? Yes: API Hub: AI powers Voice Over script & the V.O. itself. Music bed Library (rules based genre selection). Video construction.

Experiment's Weaknesses:
• DISC? IDK, needs field testing.
• Limited to Dealer VDP.
• Unintended consequences? Subjective Opinions (i.e. "I don't like ____") are hard to quantify, but should be seen in the video's CTR , 'view to end' rate and propensity to view another video.

Last edited:
This is really good Joe.

As we know when a car is purchased in a household typically one person takes the lead researcher role and the other person is brought in for feedback when they find some thing interesting. This can flip back and forth as each have their own wants. They each start selling each other on the individual merits of the car.

I can see these as the perfect way to share, almost like a presentation of all the reasons to consider this car. It's a summarization of value.

I can see these as the perfect way to share, almost like a presentation of all the reasons to consider this car. It's a summarization of value.
BOOM.
Unintended consequences? Subjective Opinions (i.e. "I don't like ____") are hard to quantify, but should be seen in the video's:
  1. CTR ,
  2. 'view to end' rate
  3. propensity to view another video
  4. # of Shares :light:

I would actually expect vdps to go down if the sharing of this was outside of the website as the vdps tend to go way up at the end. I remember studying a ton of data by media channel that had 100% verified attributed sales to understand what non-attribution based markers in upstream data best correlated to sales.

The page views would spike out of proportion to the number of users because it was the same few users going back in some case 30-50x to the same vdp.

I like how you kept the price off this. 1 it will change and 2 this is about value and establishing the whys.

There are key moments in the video that i think you can show the timestamp to user. This way they can go to that section of the video or share that section with someone else easier. Its 2:30 but it really like 10, 15 second sections.

Joe, I think VR video is the future not videos made with pictures. I would get the new apple vision pro and show it like they were at the dealership looking at it themselves. Maybe a video that last a minute or two. Then I would overlay it with my own voice using AI. Reymores ad on the Cadillac I came up with this by copying it and then going to you.com and adding make me a ad that is professional and funny.

Presenting the 2020 Cadillac XT6 Sport AWD - Your Ultimate Luxury Adventure Companion!

Feast your eyes on this gem with a Clean CARFAX and an odometer that's a whopping 10056 miles below market average! This sleek machine is packed with AWD capability, making it ready for any adventure that comes your way.

But that's not all! Step inside and experience the lap of luxury with leather, heated and cooled front seats, rear heated seats, memory seat settings, and a power driver and passenger seat to ensure the utmost comfort for you and your crew. Plus, with a 3rd row seat, there's space for everyone and everything!

Safety? Check. The 2020 Cadillac XT6 is equipped with a back-up camera, forward collision warning, parking assist sensors, rear cross-traffic warning, automatic emergency braking, brake assist, and auto high beam headlights. It's like having a personal bodyguard on wheels!

Entertainment and convenience? Double check! Enjoy Bluetooth® connection, CarPlay/Android Auto, premium sound system, XM Satellite Radio, smart device integration, WiFi hotspot, wireless phone charging, and hands-free liftgate for a touch of modern flair.

And for the grand finale, this beauty comes with a sunroof, adaptive suspension, automatic stop/start w/ disable, comfort & air quality package, heated steering wheel, performance suspension, roof rack, and sport package 1SF with 20 12-spoke alloy wheels with a pearl nickel finish.

This 2020 Cadillac XT6 Sport AWD is not just a car; it's an experience waiting to be had. Don't miss out on the opportunity to elevate your driving game with this exceptional vehicle. Get behind the wheel and let the adventure begin

VR with generative ai vehicle video output may be the future but it wont impact the sale of a car for the avg american household for a decent amount of time.

The application of the tech for the sale of vehicles has been pretty obvious since oculus started to hit scale. Consider that generating actual videos with Sora which isn't publicly available, and the amount of compute to generate on the fly complex videos from provided assets are big unknowns.

Everything done to optimize with images can translate into the eventual transition to video. So the path essentially requires you understand the image requirements fully before you can graduate to video. When you consider how you have to organize and structure the database and application to do this at scale you'll see the underlying tech for video and images are very similar.

Reymores ad on the Cadillac I came up with this by copying it and then going to you.com and adding make me a ad that is professional and funny.
Kevin,
regarding AI dealer content gen, we started a prompt creation competition 300 days ago, join in! It NEVER ends :)

I think VR video is the future not videos made with pictures. I would get the new apple vision pro and show it like they were at the dealership looking at it themselves. Maybe a video that last a minute or two. Then I would overlay it with my own voice using AI.

Let 'er rip dude! :popcorn:
You can Prototype it and share it here. You'll have it done in an afternoon!

WHY WOULD I SHARE THIS?
In the old days, this voice over video would be a product and everyone knows you DON'T share new product ideas.

It's a new day, this a call to action in the DealerRefresh tradition (open sharing). The AI wave (funded by many trillion dollar companies) will create change in "everything digital" in all industries at a speed that'll make your eyes bleed.

My instincts lead me to believe that:
  1. AI's intelligence will grow so fast, that this 'AI voice over prototype' (above) will look primitive and be outdated by halloween this year (lunch bet anyone?).
  2. AI's evolution will cheaply produce content so 'over the top' that ppl will treasure 'real human's content'.
MKBHD looks at Sora. See how far AI has come in 1 year.

Reactions: Chris Cachor