#RefreshFriday Merchandizing - Someone is Launching a new Service | Joe Pistell

Pretty sharp - I dig this.
TY @joe.webb
Love how Certified message pops
1697032051970.png

Hey @joe.webb, last week I messaged David Franke, Chief Data Genius of Vast/CarStory. I was looking for some data architecture consulting advice (he's retired ;-) but during the conversation, he recommended you! Then, you posted the positive vibes, Very cool indeed!
1697032282100.png
I could use some sage advice from you and Bill Playford. If you're open to it, love to chat and see what happens ;-) IM me here or on LI if it fits.

Last edited:
@Kelly Wilson, the merchandising machine we're building is considers the visual graphics as a servant to machine that powers the content. IOW, what we're building is totally boring. We're 100% focused on digging deep into bringing order to the structured data that every VIN has. Build sheets, CARFAX, low mileage algo, Hot Options Master sheet, and on and on.

OEM Cert message is so hot, it pops!:
1697382148476.png

"Low Miles" is manually fetched from vAuto's algo (we're building our own). Hot Options buckets (i.e. Exterior options) are getting smarter. The Rav4 is a base, so the machine adds 'lower value' options to help deliver value to that VIN
1697381027698.png

If your strength is Dealer Reviews, and you're a smaller store, we push reviews into the 'Money Shot'.
1697382040972.png

Clean CARFAX One-Owner is IMPORTANT on VINs older that 36 months. This info is manually harvested.
1697382403862.png

At the time of the DealerRefresh interview, production time for every VIN was 10 minutes (it began at 90 mins!). We're at 4 minutes per VIN. My goal is to be <1min by Jan 1.

We've very close to announcing an analytics partner who's mission it is to vendor performance analytics and consulting to groups. They love what we're building and I love their brain power :) I am VERY excited about this.

More as it comes...

Last edited:
  • :light:
Reactions: Kelly Wilson
We are in beta, we're always improving. Our mission is not revenue, we're building a category killer... the revenue will follow. This month, we'll be adding GSM/UCM condition notes to the process.

Here's a sample:
1697385276455.png
GSM notes are: "Clean CARFAX, Immaculate, New Brakes, 1 Owner, Freshly Detailed"

Last edited:
Dear CARFAX, please add API to your services.

Your pre-sale recon data harvested and normalized from the DMS is precious.
2 Examples:
1697384427696.png
It stuns me on how much dealers invest in recon and that spend and the value it brings is totally INVISIBLE.

CARFAX, You have lots of juicy info that'll help us sell more cars and raise revs and reduce churn. Want to explore a MVP? Ping me here or via AutoMagicLabs.ai

Last edited:
Reactions: JDHigginbotham
I love all of this so much! Down to 4 min? Crazy! I’m so happy to hear about the progress. I used to build a few similar top slides in photoshop way back in the day for special units to help build value but for the time it took, the potential profit had to be there. The value you’re building and the idea of prompting cleaner dealer data, you are a leader for a reason! Thanks Uncle @joe.pistell for the update!!!!

Reactions: joe.pistell
LOVE the improvements the Carmax team has been making.
1697576720302.png
Widgets like these help the shopper stay connected. They need to roll this into the shopping/filtering UX.

pssst... Dealer Inspire are you listening?

It's soo simple, Carmax Site:
1697577764047.png

Our merchandising matrix FYI:
1697578163478.png

Just sayin:
what we're building is totally boring. We're 100% focused on digging deep into bringing order to the structured data that every VIN has. Build sheets, CARFAX, low mileage algo, Hot Options Master sheet, and on and on

• Useful
Reactions: craigh
@joe.pistell do you guys extract any information regarding Level-X self-driving? I've been looking at Silverado's/Sierras with SuperCruise and the only website now extracting that is Cars.com but they don't highlight it. Super valueable feature as it stays enabled for the life of the car and you can tow with it. Thought that could be an important highlight as that stuff advances

I've been looking at Silverado's/Sierras with SuperCruise and the only website now extracting that is Cars.com but they don't highlight it. Super valueable feature as it stays enabled for the life of the car and you can tow with it. Thought that could be an important highlight as that stuff advances

BRILLIANT Example CC!
Year over year, Awesome Tech is piling up on VINs
1697638689639.png
it's INVISIBLE to the camera,
it's INVISIBLE to the car shoppers,
it's INVISIBLE sales reps,
it's INVISIBLE the desk man,
it's INVISIBLE in the auction lanes.

REWARDS come to the dealer that exploits this.

This is AutoMagic Labs mission.

Reactions: Kelly Wilson