• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Need help Windows 7 and Reynolds.

BillH

Boss
Dec 17, 2009
Awards
First Name
Bill
Hi all,

I called R&R a month or so ago and asked if there were any kinks with Win7 Pro and R&R. "No, shouldn't be any issues, it's basically Vista underneath",:shakehd: So off to Dell, and some replacement computers.

Well, it does work nicely with almost all applications, except the F&I section and it's slave printer. (pin printer for contracts).

They tell me that they are looking at 7, (it's only been on the radar for about a year, why rush)?

So, they also tell me that some dealers have it working, but they don't know how they did it. I tried the built in compatibility mode, but no joy. So, does anyone actually have this working for them? Everything else seems to be playing nicely.

I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks!
Bill
(on a mac...)

Bill,
Your post made me laugh because they told me the EXACT same thing. I bought a new laptop and then all of the sudden they didn't support it. I've been able to make it work on my laptop but still has some kinks in it. I actually had to load an older version on R&R but not too old because they it won't Auto-Detect your printer. (Could not make it too easy!) If you use 5.2.0.8m everything should work for the most part. I do still have some issues from my F&I printer though because I'm hooked up with a USB port (which they also don't support).

Hope this helps,

Joel

Hi all,

I called R&R a month or so ago and asked if there were any kinks with Win7 Pro and R&R. "No, shouldn't be any issues, it's basically Vista underneath",:shakehd: So off to Dell, and some replacement computers.

Well, it does work nicely with almost all applications, except the F&I section and it's slave printer. (pin printer for contracts).

They tell me that they are looking at 7, (it's only been on the radar for about a year, why rush)?

So, they also tell me that some dealers have it working, but they don't know how they did it. I tried the built in compatibility mode, but no joy. So, does anyone actually have this working for them? Everything else seems to be playing nicely.

I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks!
Bill
(on a mac...)
Bill,

Picked this up on Twitter from Jeff. Sorry you are having trouble. I got in contact with our VP of Technical Assistance and he put me in touch with some people that should be able to help you with your issue.

Please call the TAC tomorrow and ask for either of the following guys:

James (direct) 937.485.5364
Craig (direct) 937.485.5418

They are informed of your situation and are standing by to help.

Sorry again for the problem we are aware of it and are working hard to resolve the issue.

Larry Bruce (@pcmguy)

Wow! Thanks to all, this is great. Hopefully this will help someone else as well. Larry Bruce, I do appreciate your stepping in. That is great!

I ordered all of the machines with 32 bit W7 based on the info.

Just had a good call with Craig and he was very interested in solving the issue. He will work on it and I will try 5.2.0.8m in the meantime to see if we can get up and rolling.

Film at 11...

Best regards,
Bill

Last edited:
Great to hear Bill, let me know if I can help. I am sure Craig will fix your issue. Jeff Thanks again for keeping us informed.

LB

Wow! Thanks to all, this is great. Hopefully this will help someone else as well. Larry Bruce, I do appreciate your stepping in. That is great!

I ordered all of the machines with 32 bit W7 based on the info.

Just had a good call with Craig and he was very interested in solving the issue. He will work on it and I will try 5.2.0.8m in the meantime to see if we can get up and rolling.

Film at 11...

Best regards,
Bill

To Larry and all,

Thank you for the excellent help. I did get a call from Craig and the issue was unrelated to W7. Looks like R&R will unofficially play nice with W7.

This was a great help to us.

Best regards, and Happy Holidays!!

Bill in freezing cold Florida... (47 degrees this morning)! :)

Bill how did you get RR to run on windows 7? Two of our machines crapped out today and when I tried to install it on the two New Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit machines it wont even load the installer when I click install. Any help would be appreciated as the two machines are our service writers machines.