• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Need input on getting some new car leads

JakeLib

Green Pea
Aug 4, 2011
First Name
Jake
I am trying to get my Internet Sales personnel 50-60 more New Car Leads. I don't have a lot($500-700) as far as budget goes to get the leads.

I just thought I would see if anyone had any input on what would be the best bang for the buck for some quality leads. We are already on dealix, cars.com new, autousa, and OEM leads. I am hesitant to add another 3rd party lead provider but not sure how else to get the leads.

Would money be better spent doing SEO and SEM?

Talked with Autobytel about doing something with icontrol and webleads+, but like I said I am not sure if adding another 3rd party lead provider is the best bet.

Any advise or what is working well with others would be awesome!

All the best,

Jake

Your Craigslist market looks like has lots of traffic (about 3000+ cars posted today alone in the by dealer section by noon) and it has a lot of Subaru's denver cars & trucks - by dealer classifieds "subaru" - craigslist

Post the new cars and key word them right, CL doesn't show new or used in the results, it shows everything. Make an add the has a good call to action like "why buy used when you can buy new", add incentives, add payments, add comparisons why new may cost the same per month as used, etc.

$700 is not a lot... but it will give you faster return than SEO.

Hook Logic is a GREAT tool. If you don't have these on your website, go here first before spending more on 3rd party leads:

* Credit Application
* Appraisal Tool/Valuator
* Quick Quote/Get E-Price

Make sure you have the proper tools on your site to effectively collect the traffic you already have before spending on 3rd-party stuff.

Thank for the input on the Craigslist, I have used vehicles going up but didn't think about the new. Also, thank you for the heads up on Hook Logic, I have been hearing about them but from the input sounds like they are a pretty decent product!

Thank you again for the advise it helps me get a starting point!

Jake

I would suggest adding managed chat to your site. We're seeing that adding that service can easily double your web leads... and the best part is that they are qualified leads from your website.

Typically 80% of the chats are for inventory, so the ROI will be instant, while giving your visitors 24/7 customer service.

Thank for the input on the Craigslist, I have used vehicles going up but didn't think about the new. Also, thank you for the heads up on Hook Logic, I have been hearing about them but from the input sounds like they are a pretty decent product!

Thank you again for the advise it helps me get a starting point!

Jake

Jake,

Don't make the mistake to post the new just like you post the used, let your customers know these are new that they have incentives, etc.

Thanks for the heads up on making sure the new are different from the used! I am working on that right now so I can try to get those up. As far as the chat goes, the companies that are doing it successful do they out source the chat or put someone in charge at the dealership of responding to the chat? Also, what companies are out there that are the go to guys for the chat?

All the best,

Jake

As far as the chat goes, the companies that are doing it successful do they out source the chat or put someone in charge at the dealership of responding to the chat? Also, what companies are out there that are the go to guys for the chat?

All the best,

Jake

We have a product that was originally for our ecarlist clients only. Our chat is built on the foundation of inventory. Since 80% of incoming chats are inventory based, we feed the live inventory into the chat software giving the chat team the tools they really need. In the past year (out of hundreds of clients), we've only had 3 cancellations and 2 were because the dealerships closed.

We now (as a big NADA launch) are available to all dealerships. We create a limited ecarlist account and can pipe your inventory (from a feed/scrub) with pics and descriptions into our software. Also, we generally come in at half the price of our competitors. We also have full reporting (including how they got to your site: google, yahoo/bing, organic, etc.) as well as the ability to separate the leads out for the different departments. I know this is now turning into a sales pitch... so feel free to call me anytime and I can discuss our services vs. the other chat companies.