• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Pre-owned Inventory Provider?

As Stefan suggested, DS has a full-blown in-house program that can work as stand-alone or a supplement to field rep visits. I'm sorry to hear there has been some difficulty with a local rep but as Mark stated, we'd love to help resolve that issue.

In regards to speed of inventory data and photos delivery, we are willing to provide near real-time updates, however the majority of portals and websites are still working on processing the delivery of that inventory.

Finally, if you haven't checked out the new inventory management system (i know, we could have had a better name than 3.0), I think you'll be very impressed with the user interfaces and new functionality. I wouldn't say we are 24 months ahead of the competition, but that's where we are trying to get to... I just want to see what that 24 month lead looks like ;-)

Last edited:
Vinsolutions and Ecarlist both get thumbs up from me for inventory management. Neither of them makes a good website though, so don't let them suck you in on that. (I'm so going to get hate mail for that one)

I use vinsolutions right now because it integrates into the CRM which I also use. The integration between those two items is really frigging awesome. Linking specific cars to customers is so easy and adding pictures and car details to customer emails is so easy....

I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on a provider to use for pre-owned inventory management? I have been using Dealer Specialties for years, and now also VIN Solutions, and very recently started receiving a feed from Auction123. None of them seem to have exactly what a dealership I am working with is looking for...

Suggestions???

What are you looking for that VinSolutions doesn't do? Would be glad to help.

We don't provide a service where we come to your lot.

It is very surprising to read the statement from the IT Director at the Porter Automotive Group. This is contrary to our experiences at Park Place Dealerships. We use eCarList for both inventory management and web design. They have the best inventory management system, and the most intelligently designed and best performing sites around. We have had a great experience and incredible results in traffic and conversion. Check out http://www.parkplacetexas.com and see for yourself that eCarList understands that design IS functionality.

It is very surprising to read the statement from the IT Director at the Porter Automotive Group. This is contrary to our experiences at Park Place Dealerships. We use eCarList for both inventory management and web design. They have the best inventory management system, and the most intelligently designed and best performing sites around. We have had a great experience and incredible results in traffic and conversion. Check out http://www.parkplacetexas.com and see for yourself that eCarList understands that design IS functionality.

http://www.parkplacetexas.com/ is currently throwing a 500 error :(

Vinsolutions and Ecarlist both get thumbs up from me for inventory management. Neither of them makes a good website though, so don't let them suck you in on that. (I'm so going to get hate mail for that one).

No hate mail here, Jason. We would love the opportunity to bring Porter up to speed on all our new website features - all of which integrate with our inventory management. From real-time OEM incentives to chat, specials, video, SEO and more...all are driven by your inventory. Our clients love their websites just as much as our inventory management. As Frank eluded to - it's about intelligent websites that perform (thank you Frank)...but above all it's about integration.

BTW, the server error was due to the major chat update. The timing is ALMOST comical - the site couldn't have been down for more than 30 minutes and we timed it for early morning when there are minimal (if any) visits.

I don't disagree with the inventory manager, it is really good. And they did build a good website for you. My experience was different though, so I'll stick to my statement for another year or so about that ;). I'm still waiting for my current website provider to whip out the new back end tool that gives me even more control, but I'm happy even with the level I get right now.

No hate mail here, Jason. We would love the opportunity to bring Porter up to speed on all our new website features - all of which integrate with our inventory management. From real-time OEM incentives to chat, specials, video, SEO and more...all are driven by your inventory. Our clients love their websites just as much as our inventory management. As Frank eluded to - it's about intelligent websites that perform (thank you Frank)...but above all it's about integration.
That's good to hear, although I never really saw the point of integrating the website with the inventory manager. Of course, as long as the feed is good from the inventory manager everything else is just programming. Maybe you can prove me wrong?

My current situation seems to make more sense combining the CRM and inventory manager, if I have to choose between the two. If I had gone with a different CRM company, I'd still be with ecarlist for inventory management because no one besides vinsolutions could provide that level of integration with their CRM product!

Last edited:
That's good to hear, although I never really saw the point of integrating the website with the inventory manager. Of course, as long as the feed is good from the inventory manager everything else is just programming. Maybe you can prove me wrong?

My current situation seems to make more sense combining the CRM and inventory manager, if I have to choose between the two. If I had gone with a different CRM company, I'd still be with ecarlist for inventory management because no one besides vinsolutions could provide that level of integration with their CRM product!

This probably is in need of a new thread regarding "Platform Integration Preferences". I would love to hear more about what you like about your CRM / Inventory Management integration.