• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Social media gurus nailed in Onion parody

I remember a cartoon where a guy behind the sporting goods counter is holding a fishing lure. He says, "it won't catch fish but it will catch fishermen.

Customers don't want to be our friends. They only want to know if you have a car and what you will sell it for.

Reactions: 1 person
You would be amazed at some of the "pros" in our industry have fake followers. use this link and find yours Status People Fake Follower Check — Social Media Management Platform for Business Now im not saying SOME fake followers were done maliciously. 1% of mine are fake. (I have no idea how) But someone Like Grant Cardone who has 270000 followers and has 50% fake (who by the way has deleted my convo about this when I called him on it.)might be skewing the numbers a bit. Im not here bashing because maybe it was a mistake, but if you are a pro, check yourself and handle the situation. Who is going to listen to a fake? Although when the "bots" can start making buying decisions the fakers will be in the drivers seat.

I like to shop at Nordstrom. They have nice clothes and great customer service. I will go through periods where I am there fairly often. I definately don't have a negative view of the clothing business.

People don't buy cars every month, every couple of months or every year. They don't like car dealerships and car people. They tolerate us. Their only concern is that you have a vehicle and what you are willing to sell it for.

I want someone to show me the ROI. Not for a few cars a month. I want to see someone killing it.