• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Using a Smartphone for lead management?

DogbertBH

Give Away Artist
Apr 29, 2009
First Name
Sudbay Family Auto
I'm curious if anyone i s using a phone in their off-time or time away from their store to receive leads or calls.

Wondering what the best phone is for this process.

iPhone, Blackberry, Palm... There are a lot of choices.

Thanks,

-Bobby Harris

Of the systems I've used, Blackberries work a little better. Although the iPhone does a good job as well. In the case of work hardware, you're always best going with the most widely used thing in that industry.....says the guy in the car business using a Mac :lol:

We've always had an ILM/CRM that works with just about any smart phone. Webcontrol was the first, but that was solely for Blackberries years ago when we were last using that tool. Now through iMagicLab it really doesn't matter which device you use.

Some of our sales agents use it - especially when they're standing out on the point.

If you are using a web based CRM system that is mobile enabled then pretty much any smart phone should work. We have tested our mobile CRM with blackberries, iPhone, Palm Pre, Windows Mobile devices, Samsung Instinct and much more.

The problem is our CRM and iMagicLab are the only two I know of with mobile functions. The server based ones aren't even web based, let alone mobile.

Server based CRMs :rocket:

If you are using a web based CRM system that is mobile enabled then pretty much any smart phone should work. We have tested our mobile CRM with blackberries, iPhone, Palm Pre, Windows Mobile devices, Samsung Instinct and much more.

The problem is our CRM and iMagicLab are the only two I know of with mobile functions. The server based ones aren't even web based, let alone mobile.

Server based CRMs :rocket:

I've been with iMagic Lab for 2 months now. I'm a real fan of it too... Definitely iPhone capable.

I stay away from server based CRMs and iLMs because of the lack of mobile functionality..

We're using Higher Gear here. I started last Monday and am NOT a fan thus far.

I was all spoiled by WebControl through Mazda.

-Bobby

Bobby, I'm really sorry to hear that. I used the POS for a year. Don't get me wrong..I believe that no matter what CRM you are using it can help promote process. Unfortunately you were using an ILM that most likely had the features that kept your process more streamlined. I only say this because Higher Gear was a huge step backwards in my ILM process when I was using it. Who knows..maybe they made some changes over the last 3 years. :crazy:

Don't get me wrong, I guess is has a few decent features for showroom CRM.

My advise, keep track of issues in a spreadsheet of some sort.

I know this is a really old thread, but I'm hoping for newer options/opinions. I use gmglobalconnect to respond to leads (as in, drop down -> mark as "in progress" -> save), but am getting tired of having to lug a netbook around everywhere I go. I've spoken with a GM OneSource rep that swears there's no phone or application that'll let me do this, but I'm dubious. I've had the best luck with a Samsung Saga (It has Windows Mobile). I've used the Opera Mini browser with limited success - I can get into everything, view the lead, drop down the menu option, but when I click "save"... nothing happens. I read in an old thread on here that someone has used Dolphin HD, but I want to obviously be very sure before I purchase anything.

The rep suggested I use a Blackberry for reliability of being notified for leads, but I've actually had problems with it in the recent past. And, of course, the BB browser is absolutely terrible and not at all useful for what I need it for.

Any suggestions? Anyone at all?

Hello Sally,

I used to be able to reply "back" through the lead from GM One Source with my BB Storm and my DroidX and had an acceptable response time w/ GM, unfortunately, when doing so, I felt that just replying to the lead sometimes gave a "mixed" message and wasn't very impressive or robust in what I wanted the opportunity to see/feel when answering their initial inquiry. We went with a full CRM tool that is an authorized vendor with One Source and, in my opinion, have had a better initial message to the opportunity, and of course, the ever important response time that GM is fixated on. I would recommend checking out a GM authorized CRM vendor to help you handle your leads, and make it easier on yourself when working those GM1S leads. Good luck!