• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Vehicle Photography and Virtual Showrooms

Richie, there is a full spectrum of BGR (Background Replacement) services, including fully manual services from third world countries. CarCutter is a good one.

I talk to dealers all day. Everyone has a different preference like Bill, Richie, Joe, Dan, and Dalton. That’s why we provide a spectrum of solutions from BGR that’s affordable to photo studios where you can ensure high quality and consistency.

Full disclosure – For comparison we provide the only fully automated 4K BGR. Our EZSmart service includes not just BGR, but also 4K upscaling, cropping, centering, enhancement, spin, and 4K player for your web site. It’s fully automated. You don’t have to do a thing. We directly tap into your data feed and instantly display it on your web site. It’s $5/vin ($250 mo min.) for all your exterior pics. So I think you get a lot more from us than Carcutter for the same price. I’m happy to give a free trial to anyone here.

5yrs ago, Photo booth podcast @Jeff Kershner @Alex Snyder

Uncle Joe Summary is quite comprehensive :unclejoe:
Hear how @Todd Caputo & I built many booths DIY.

So incredibly glad I watched this video. It was perfect. We have been planning on a phot booth down the road (we are in an area where it does snow) and this video will be invaluable when that time comes.

Side Note: we would still be taking videos outside, but the thing we could never figure out was how to handle the sun. It wasn't the glare or the sun itself. It was the coloring. It just never looked right. Any tips?

Invest in a photographer that cares. If photos look like sh**, they will look worse with backgrounds replaced. BG replacements are tricky.

This is sh**.

armadacv.JPG

this is sh**
armadacv2.JPG

We decided to replace the BG on only the 1st photo for consistency and leave the rest of the exterior shots as they are.

tn_used.JPG

5yrs ago, Photo booth podcast @Jeff Kershner @Alex Snyder

Uncle Joe Summary is quite comprehensive :unclejoe:
Hear how @Todd Caputo & I built many booths DIY.

Joe,

Outstanding video. It holds up well after 5 years! Dealers tell me key reasons they buy studios are branding, consistency, and photo quality.

The one thing that's changed since the video is automation and AI. So you can take up to 200 high-quality, high-resolution photos with a turntable and fixed and manual cameras in 10 minutes, have them instantly on your web site, and don't need a professional photographer.

If you or anyone else are coming to NADA, say hello at Booth 5313W where we are showing a full studio with automation with a Saleen 2024 Mustang on our turntable.

Marc Freedman, EZ360
[email protected]
m (214) 770-3800

Reactions: Will G.
Richie, there is a full spectrum of BGR (Background Replacement) services, including fully manual services from third world countries. CarCutter is a good one.

I talk to dealers all day. Everyone has a different preference like Bill, Richie, Joe, Dan, and Dalton. That’s why we provide a spectrum of solutions from BGR that’s affordable to photo studios where you can ensure high quality and consistency.

Full disclosure – For comparison we provide the only fully automated 4K BGR. Our EZSmart service includes not just BGR, but also 4K upscaling, cropping, centering, enhancement, spin, and 4K player for your web site. It’s fully automated. You don’t have to do a thing. We directly tap into your data feed and instantly display it on your web site. It’s $5/vin ($250 mo min.) for all your exterior pics. So I think you get a lot more from us than Carcutter for the same price. I’m happy to give a free trial to anyone here.
I may be interested in a trial, are you able to share an example link from a customer's store?

FWIW, my new website provider Motive has AI backgrounding built into the site.
While I was looking at Bills awesome new website, I took a deep dive into his website creator, Motive.

I came across this lucky dealership that has a Rock Star photographer on staff:
1706789303044.png
Great choreography. Backgrounding, Staging (dealer sign popping is money) and even the grass in the foreground. #Genius.
https://sethwadleychevyofperry.com/inventory/New-2024-Chevrolet-Silverado_1500-High_Country-1GCUDJEL9RZ201516

DISC? HELL YEA.