• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Why is Video so difficult?

I totally understand what you are saying Joe but you are assuming you know the answers to questions that were never asked. So what are you going to talk about? What sort of order of importance are you going to put them in? How do you know what's important to them?

My statement that you quoted above was made given the amount of information was presented. Would you prefer I make up possible questions to answer?

Does seeing a "Few Jillion" car shoppers make you a better fortune teller?

Im not taking it as a negative at all.

I think it's interesting to see how everyone is plucking a video from the channel without asking me the context of the process in which these are being used.

I mean all of Bob Ross's paintings suck at the 15min mark. right?

... you are assuming you know the answers to questions that were never asked.

The evidence is everywhere I look Chris. Read your leads & chats. Listen to your calls. Shadow the reps. Sit with the managers. Don't take them literally, look for the motivation that drives the discussion. If you don't see it, that's ok. Keep looking, it's all there.

It's been nice chatting with you. As you iterate, please keep us updated on your Bob Ross!

Having recently moved into a position in charge of internet sales for 15ish stores, I wanted to find a way to integrate video without having expectations higher than what is going to get done. (edit: and I can't be everywhere to try and do it myself.)

My first move is to create a short video message from the General Manager thanking the customer for contacting us during the auto-response.

The second is to have my sales team all have intro videos that they will send out around day 3-4ish.

Third, is to create a small library of new car walk-arounds that they can drag and drop into emails. This would basically be one video per model.

Last, is to create a bit of a feedback system for used cars. In the initial used car quote/response template is a link that requests a video walkaround. I wanted to find a solution that wouldn't waste a sales person's time, but that I would feel could enhance the customer experience. So, once the customer actually engages back with us, I want to use the Authntk product and have the salesperson send out a quick personal video walkaround of the vehicle.

I would love to hear opinions on this plan. It may not be super comprehensive or integrated, but compared to our market, I am hoping that it will make at least a modest impact.

Last edited:
The second is to have my sales team all have intro videos that they will send out around day 3-4ish.

idea:
Before your roll it out to all reps & make it mandatory, solicit your reps to volunteer. Send out an email with a video explaining the program. Place a Call To Action at the end of the video so you can track it.

If you choose to do this, you'll find out what is your open rate (who read your email)? What was your video view rate (how many watched the video)? The CTA at the end will be your tell on how well it worked.

Lastly, you'll find out who are your most engaged sales reps are. In my travels, these are not top producers (i.e. lot rats). These players deserve all the extra attention and tools that you can deliver to them ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: Clay Toporski
IDEA: Be on the lookout for talent.

This is a inventory photographer gal, she LOVES cars & is not afraid of the camera. I put 2 & 2 together and asked her for a walk-around. "What's a walk around?" she asked... :)

This is about her 10th video, it's unscripted.

2 key ingredients: Knows cars, comfortable in front of a camera.

p.s. she's my step-daughter, so be nice

Last edited:
Reactions: Karen Ann