• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
I Just don't think I have they inventory right now to make it worth our while to post on Craigslist. From all your posts it looks like the majority of sales are under 10k cars which seem really hard to come by as of late. Plus, when I do get a car that's under 10k, as soon as it goes online I get a ton of leads on it. The under 10k cars just seem to generate their own leads regardless. Anyone else see this?

I Just don't think I have they inventory right now to make it worth our while to post on Craigslist. From all your posts it looks like the majority of sales are under 10k cars which seem really hard to come by as of late. Plus, when I do get a car that's under 10k, as soon as it goes online I get a ton of leads on it. The under 10k cars just seem to generate their own leads regardless. Anyone else see this?

Walt,

IMO forget the 10k ceiling. CL is free and it works. Don't try to post CL ads manually. Your skumbag competitors will take them all down on you (to wear you out). Take Yag up on his free offer and give it a look.

I agree with Joe. Cargigi is offering 2 weeks free, why not try? Any Cargigi reseller can help you out. I have 30 Dealers on it and can show you results as I am sure yagoparamo can. There is a reseller that has over 300 stores using it, it must be working for some.

That being said, I have had a few dealers that were not getting results and I actually told them they should cancel as they were wasting the $$. Usually when the guy you are sending the check to says it's not working, you believe them...

If you have a strong team that can handle lots of sales calles I suggest you dont list your prices. Craigslist shoppers are not afraid to call you!

You are right on that one BUT, what about posting MO-WED-FR with no prices and then TU-TH-SAT with prices? Then you hit everyone. FYI- We delete the postings on a 48 hour cycle as CL request you do but that way customers dont find the cars too many times with price/no price.

autoarchitect

I have always disliked showing other dealer's numbers.

First of all, every vendor/program has at least one guy doing very well with almost any program. Doing well for a lot of dealers is a completelly different story.

Second, if you read what i previously wrote, CL will work differently depending on the area, market, etc. What i tried to push is the fact that high or low prices dont matter. One of my best performing stores are crappy independent store in a small island and also a BMW autonation store in a high end area in CA.

So to take on Joe Pistell... if a vendor offers you a feee trial with no strings attached (and thw thing doesnt look like a scam ;) ). TAKE IT!

Last edited: