• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

One FB page to rule them all?

BHavican

Boss
Jan 11, 2013
Awards
First Name
Bill
Hello all,

I work for a group that houses 5 different OEMs and was having a discussion with the gentleman that manages our social media about actively posting to a FB page for each brand rather than one group page. We currently have one group page with about 900 followers and my first reaction was to worry about reaching fewer people overall by segmenting our future fans by brand. For example, someone that purchased a Mazda might love to attend our pet adoption day at the Subaru store. Or that Kia buyer might enjoy our video on the ELR. The other side of the coin is that brand specific pages could be a lot more relevant to those followers and may reach more people despite a lower fan count.

So I'm curious what all you awesome people out there think. The extra work aside, do you believe it's better to have one large group page or a page for each brand?

We have several locations, each with multiple brands. We have one page per location and cross-promote our brands, info, and events. Most of our content is not necessarily directly car sales related anyway, but more about being part of the community. (It also reduces the confusion for the customer of which page to follow and use for check-ins etc.)

We have several locations, each with multiple brands. We have one page per location and cross-promote our brands, info, and events. Most of our content is not necessarily directly car sales related anyway, but more about being part of the community. (It also reduces the confusion for the customer of which page to follow and use for check-ins etc.)

I concur.

What Emily said is a great strategy. It does depend if you're using Facebook ads or not as well as the amount of time available. I'm a big fan of only having enough social media presence to make it manageable by the staff. For example, I know of a single brand, single rooftop with three very successful pages: one for the dealership, one specifically to highlight trades as they come in, and one for service. On the other hand, I also know of a 9-rooftop group that failed at one page per location because of bandwidth, so they pooled it all together and have one extremely strong and easily manageable Facebook page for the whole group.