• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

DMS Data polling - who do you use?

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
Who do you use to pull data from your DMS?

Do you use one company that pulls the data into a cloud like service and then sends out to your different service providers (CRM, Inventory management, equity mining programs, ETC.)...

OR do you allow each individual service provider to dial into your DMS?

As a service provider, I can give you a few samples.

Inventory
Serti clients - I get their inventory directly from Serti
Ford clients - either from Homenet (Reynolds), ADP or One-Eighty
Toyota clients - currently they're all on Reynolds and it's Homenet
Used Car Stores - no DMS integration

Data Analysis
Up here we use AutoAlert quite a bit. I recommend it to almost any of my clients who are looking to run an event - run ongoing, rolling events instead of one massive event. We also use vAuto for inventory pricing analysis.

None of my clients currently use something like DealerVault, but we have our own internal version of that and for each client I send their inventory and photos to an average of 4 providers / advertisers. Our data repository (in "the cloud") allows us to easily export and import inventory and is one of the things we constantly get great feedback on from the clients - they're so sick and tired of the data integration nonsense, so once we get the DMS figured out we try and manage the rest for them.

HTH

More data access restrictions.

I had 3 conversations at NADA:

1. Reynolds - they intend to keep things the same, but increase the partnership charges for accessing data. They refused to approve us as RCI compliant even when we offered to pony up the cash. They have now officially shut down our Query Builder and we have moved to Advanced Reporting (big upgrade), still with no scheduled data access of any kind.

2. ADP / CDK - promised to remain open and accessible. We can schedule data pulls for anyone to anywhere, super easily. They said this will not change.

3. DealerSocket - as it stands now, if I were to signup my Reynolds dealers for DealerSocket I would actually get access to almost all the data we want, schedule, alerts, etc. They don't expect this to change.

Obviously reps saying something doesn't make it true, but some of my clients are making some very big decisions based on what they're saying.