• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

beawesomelee11

Green Pea
Jun 5, 2024
Awards
First Name
Austin
After some research, I found a surprising report from TransUnion showing that the auto finance industry has the largest exposure to synthetic identity fraud, at $1.8 billion, 14 times the exposure compared to retail credit cards. I've spent the past 8 years developing verification and fraud prevention products, saving roughly $250M in fraud. From this standpoint, I'm curious if this problem needs to be solved for auto dealers.

So here is my question, as an auto dealer, would you be interested in a more sophisticated solution to prevent (synthetic) identity fraud? Why or why not?

After some research, I found a surprising report from TransUnion showing that the auto finance industry has the largest exposure to synthetic identity fraud, at $1.8 billion, 14 times the exposure compared to retail credit cards. I've spent the past 8 years developing verification and fraud prevention products, saving roughly $250M in fraud. From this standpoint, I'm curious if this problem needs to be solved for auto dealers.

So here is my question, as an auto dealer, would you be interested in a more sophisticated solution to prevent (synthetic) identity fraud? Why or why not?