• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

PBS for sales help

Hi there! Thanks for sharing your experience with PBS. I've heard similar feedback from others. Zande299's suggestion about DemandHub is a good one - have you considered exploring other options like Zoho CRM or HubSpot as well? They might offer more comprehensive sales solutions that integrate with PBS.

Tools like DemandHub integrate with PBS for stronger lead management.
Lead management isn't really an issue. Either way our manufacture does not let us use anything other then what they approve.
The issues more with the software. Unlike 180 it does not autosave quotes. So the who ever made the quote has to close and save before the sales manager can see it. 180 would update it live.

If someone is looking at 1 piece of inventory another person can't look at it. So when there are two customers looking at the same car it becomes a problem.

You can't really do fleet deals. You can't just change the base price of the car without rebuilding the stock in PBS again.

I have a list from our Sales manager of complaints. Using an another CRM even to send quotes would not work because then you have to rebuild the quote in PBS. Then the final quote has to be generated by a DMS because has to be compliant to OMVIC standards.

PBS has been flawless for service but for sales our guys are pulling out the pitch forks.
Hi there! Thanks for sharing your experience with PBS. I've heard similar feedback from others. Zande299's suggestion about DemandHub is a good one - have you considered exploring other options like Zoho CRM or HubSpot as well? They might offer more comprehensive sales solutions that integrate with PBS.

Lead management isn't really an issue. Either way our manufacture does not let us use anything other then what they approve.
The issues more with the software. Unlike 180 it does not autosave quotes. So the who ever made the quote has to close and save before the sales manager can see it. 180 would update it live. Here. If someone is looking at 1 piece of inventory another person can't look at it. So when there are two customers looking at the same car it becomes a problem.

You can't really do fleet deals. You can't just change the base price of the car without rebuilding the stock in PBS again.
There are definitely problems with this software! But for now this program works and is good! If you find alternatives with better quality and that will be great! But at the moment I personally have not found any, just like you!

There are definitely problems with this software! But for now this program works and is good! If you find alternatives with better quality and that will be great! But at the moment I personally have not found any, just like you!
Yea seems are all in the same boat.
It's like asking the GM who do you love more?
Service or Sales. Based on that he picks PBS or CDK.

Reactions: frankmissing