• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Pimp my Survey

joe.pistell

Uncle Joe
Apr 7, 2009
Awards
First Name
Joe
All,

Building a website visitor survey. Here's my draft. Give it a look and fire away! :flame:

My goal is to get a feel what what stage the shopper is in and if the site helps them accomplish shopping tasks. Questions and phrasing are key to avoid steering participants.

------------------------------------------
Thank you for taking our UsedCarKing.com survey. This is important! We read each and every survey!

What best describes your shopping experience so far?
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]I'm just starting to look.
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Have a good overall idea, but I’m open to finding other good choices.
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]I know exactly what I want (Make, Model, Year...)
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Other ____text box____

What is the purpose of your visit to our website today?
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Vehicle Research
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Looking for a vehicle I saw on Your Ad

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]I’m comparing prices
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Looking for ideas
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Seeing what fits in my budget
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Looking for my Trade-In Value
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Looking for Financing

Have you been here before?
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]I’m looking for any new arrivals
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]I’m looking for any price drops

Were you able to complete the purpose of your visit today?
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Yes
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]No

< IF NO>
Please tell us why you were not able to fully complete the purpose of your visit today?
____BIG text box____

Your suggestions and opinions are needed!
Be honest! We read EVERY SINGLE suggestion!

What do you value most about the UsedCarKing.com website?
____BIG text box____

What would you like improved on the UsedCarKing.com website?
____BIG text box____

Any other comments or observations are welcome!
[FONT=&quot]____BIG text box____[/FONT]

Joe,
Like Dale I have learned lots from reading stuff you write.....and lots from Dale that may have come from you as well.

Why not ask for an email address on this form so you can use it as a lead generator as well. Not that having your customers tell you what they want in a website isn't valuable, I just don't know how many really do so you might as well be able to send them emails until they buy something:lol:

The "Have you been here before?" gave me a pause, it seems like a yes or no question without the yes or no options, maybe I'm overlooking something you intended. How is it getting to the customer?

Mitch,
It's an online survey at our home site. Let me take another shot.

Have you been to UsedCarKing.com before?
__Yes
__No

..If yes, then what was your mission today?:
·
I’m looking for any new arrivals
·I’m looking for any price drops
-I'm looking for new ideas
-I'm Comparing Features & Prices
·Other ____text box____

First, I am trying to set a switch to break survey results into 2 pools, 1st time visitors and repeat visitors (to compare and contrast). Next, I'd like to "fish" for what TASK the repeat visitor is looking to accomplish.

What about - I have already bought just wanted to check and make sure I got a great deal! < I catch myself doing that all the time. I buy something then I think I might have missed out on a deal (maybe I'm paranoid). I would be curious to see if anyone would check that box. Let me know when this survey is live Joe and please share your results with us. This could be very interesting.