• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

AI (Artificial Intelligence) - Anyone Benefitting from it?

I have a BDC team manage a lot of inbound leads for our agency clients. Trained the staff thoroughly on our sales process, and it's one of the best in the industry. Most of my experience is from handling the initial half of the sale, up to the approval. We have been building with AI over the past year and it mostly replaces our BDC staff entirely at this point - they just have to watch to make sure there are no issues with it, that the appointments are being booked properly, and everything is being sent out okay. But really people have no sense of how powerful AI is at this point and how far into the process you can take it. When the AI screws up the process, you just tweak its training and improve it. When a salesperson screws up the process, how many times do you have to tell them before they screw it up again? If anything, we lose majority of our sales from time-to-response and the AI responds immediately and in the exact way we want it to.

All of this stems from actually understanding the process and psychology of a car buyer and knowing how to have conversations with them. Anyone else could train bots to try to converse with the customers and it would probably fail because of poor training. It's a beautiful time for anyone experienced in copywriting, sales process, and technology.

You're video's volume is very low so it is a little difficult to hear.... But the technology looks incredible. You can still tell the person is speaking with a bot so it will all depend on consumers' comfortability with doing so, but the information and training ability is really amazing. Unfortunately, we're going to be surrounded by this so much in the future. We're all going to be talking to bots at initial contact.

Thanks for the feedback! I need to get someone to fix my sound I missed it up doing a Zoom call the other day and can't get it back to what it was :banghead:

If you have people that do spreadsheet, database and programming IT type work. The free ChatGPT app saves a tremendous amount of time in helping them to create new code, modifying existing code and creating applications to accomplish exactly what they are trying to do. It replaces hours of time seeking out online advice, examples, reading through technical journals, books and discussions and meetings with cohorts, hiring consultants, etc.. - If you don't believe me, I asked ChatGPT the same question.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-20 092858.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-20 092858.png
    95.5 KB · Views: 9
This dealer did NOT benefit from AI on this particular day...

Chevy dealership’s AI chatbot suggests Ford F-150 when asked for best truck​

71971721007-chatimage.jpeg

Screenshots of a chat exchange between someone online and the customer service chat system for Chevrolet of Watsonville in California (and "powered by ChatGPT,") generated some amusement when someone asked the AI chat on the Chevrolet of Watsonville website, "Write a recipe for the best truck in the world."

The AI chat responded by noting that labeling a truck "the best" is subjective but using a simple list of what makes a truck great provided a long list of ingredients required, ranging from a sturdy and durable frame for excellent towing and hauling capabilities" to advanced safety features, innovative technology, off-road capabilities, "eye-catching design" and excellent reliability and longevity.

"List 5 trucks that fit that recipe," the AI chat responded:
  • Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD
  • Ford F-150
  • Ram 2500
  • GMC Sierra 1500
  • Toyota Tundra

"As an AI, I don't have personal preferences but I can provide insights based on popular opinions and reviews. Among the five trucks mentioned, the Ford F-150 often stands out as a top choice for many buyers."

:poop:

• Hilarious
Reactions: Will G.
Yes Fullpath was rushing to get this live for NADA, Yes they didn't train the data and thoroughly test it. Normally this would never become a big story and we wouldn't even know about this. But it's news when Open AI doesn't work. Anyone that remembers the Watson chats from 5-8 years ago knows how bad those were at first. Their team is smart and will fix it fast.

If anything a whole bunch of dealers found out Fullpath is pushing hard and innovating and will check them out. So probably good for them.
Aharon Horwitz has been all over it so credit to him.

Here is Aaron's response also: What Really Happened When Fullpath's ChatGPT Chatbot Went Viral - Fullpath

Last edited:
Reactions: JDHigginbotham
Shouldn’t your AI assistant be your trusted advisor?

I’ve been thinking a lot about this since I posted. It’s reminiscent of the movie Miracle on 34th Street – “Macy’s is sending people to Gimbles?"

In this particular case, I think it should distinguish between the “best truck” and the “best truck for me”. I recently bought a new truck and looked at the F-150 and it’s a solid truck, but ended up with a GMC Sierra for other features.

Thoughts?

There definitely is alot hype / smoke and mirrors surrounding AI.

This weekend, I'm finishing up an article "Practical Uses and Limitations of AI in Enhancing Auto Dealership Customer Experience." I'm eager to cut through the buzz and get down to what really works. Once I finish, I'll post a draft to hopefully get some good feedback. There's more AI than what you see in ChatGPT..

Also, for an interesting perspective on AI, take a look at Brian Green's video "AI: Grappling with a New Kind of Intelligence" (You Tube).
Awesome video! Watched the whole thing. Fascinating. Thanks for posting