• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Announcing: LVL Up Auto - Vendor Management Platform

I have a ton of ideas for this part of the application. I held 60 meetings over the past 35 days. Roughly 50/50 vendor to dealer.

It was crystal clear communication is a pain point. There is genuine frustration from both sides. Depending on the persona the challenges are different. You basically have the champion at the dealership the account manager at the vendor then all of their respective managers. You also have tickets or actions that are in flight and the other people those impact.

The monthly meetings came up continuously, lack of structure, recaps or follow through from prior meetings were the dealer concerns. Vendors felt leadership don't join the meetings enough and dealerships don't own their action items.

Notes is just the scaffolding, so much more coming to make this better.

Attacking this problem is definitely interesting. Improving the communication experience with consumers is obvious, but I haven't given much thought about dealer/vendor until now.

It seems like you have the opportunity to not only herd the right cats as needed...but also give structure to what needs to be done.

Vendors shouldn't expect dealers to join meetings that lack structure and lead to unimportant action items.

A centralized process with appropriate access on the right channels would help both sides.

Last edited:
Reactions: jon.berna
@jon.berna Bravo! This is an interesting platform you are building here. How can we sign up as a vendor?

The vendor side of the application is just days away from release. It's really coming together nicely. I will update this thread and put out some content on LinkedIn etc. as soon as I am ready.

The vendor side of LVL Up Auto | Dealership Vendor Management Platform is now LIVE!

If you are a vendor and have already reached out about claiming your company page - I will provide instructions this week. Email me here -> [email protected] if we haven't connected yet I will respond as soon as I can.

I couldn't be more excited about what this means for the future of connecting dealers and vendors. I met with +40 vendors over 2 months to collect the requirements to develop this new part of the application. Thank you everyone for your time and ideas, I am really proud how it turned out.

Here is a sneak peak and more info exclusive to DealerRefresh:

Vendors have new tools for adding products, media, their features, and integrations. They can also add users from their team, ask their customers for verified reviews and manage all their demos in LVL Up. These represent foundational features that enable future ones. The choices vendors make in setting up their account as well as the scale and quality of the reviews will impact how vendors appear in search rankings and how they are recommended to dealerships as potential matches. The way the integrations and features are structured in the database and how they get added enables some really advanced capabilities that I am just now getting my head around.

For example integrations: Today they can be added by a dealership user as well as either vendor at the product level. The vendor that it was added for gets the ability to see this and edit it as well. This allows for it to scale up quickly and accurately. The ability to leverage integrations in search results is a game changer for dealerships looking for options for their unique set of partners. The idea to design it this way was something that came up in early conversations all the way back to Oct/Nov from the closed beta. This is just one small part of the platform but it's a derivative of all the underlying structure that makes it possible.

1708953639589.png

Last edited: