• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Looking for feedback on various CRM products

BillH

Boss
Dec 17, 2009
Awards
First Name
Bill
Hello all,
We currently run Dominion Webcontrol in 2 stores. It functions well enough, but we have big issues with skates, (or lack thereof) and reporting, such as stats on what automated emails are read. I'm told that they don't have the functions to report this. It's important to me to know. Likewise, we have a lot of friction between internet and floor sales because of the lack of skating alerts.

I'm shopping, so I am interested in experiences with what's out there. I'm not seeing anythign exciting about the new Dominion product, so I'd like to try a different path. I'm hearing about ELeads, Dealer.com / Dealertrack has a product, and I saw a few interesting products at DD18. Function over sizzle is most important.

Ideas? Caveats?

Thanks!
Bill

BillH - there are some great CRM's out there. PCG has done a ton of research on many of them and if you want a non-biased in depth look into Vinsolutions, DealerSocket, Eleads, and Dealer.com you can buy our AWA Awards book here http://apple.co/1Cl0JRK.

Those are some of my favorite out there and can't go wrong with any of them. There are few new up and comers that are making some waves. If you would like info on them, feel free to email me at marc [at] pcg mailer dot [com]

I have personally used both Dealer.com and Eleads (briefly).

IMO dealer.com has a much nicer UI, and is very user friendly. Since DDC is a newer product, they trail eleads in a few departments like reporting and equity mining. Not sure how your Internet team is set up...Dealer.com is great for BDCs, more specifically centralized BDCs that need access to multiple stores within the group (one login, one task list). BDCs should be making the most calls, and DDC makes it easy to set em up and knock em down quickly.

Eleads has tons of reporting, but is a little less user-friendly. The capabilities of the equity mining tool/campaigns are truly impressive. Although this is a great feature, it boils down to how much your people will use it. If no one uses it b/c it's complicated, what's the point? That's a call for you and your team to make though.

Reactions: joe.pistell
Here is a screenshot from my task list (I don't do this anymore so forgive the overdue tasks.) You can see the tags notating the different stores (toy, jpal, dw, etc.). You can do everything from this screen (call, email, reschedule). If you need to see more details/notes, you click on any task and the customer profile flies in, leaving the task list in tact off to the left. Your people get ranked from 1 to n on a daily basis for activity, you have an all box (great for "who did I just call 10 mins. ago?"). There's much more going on here, but those are my "hot buttons."

upload_2015-9-11_17-15-36.png