• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Looking for feedback on various CRM products

I was all wound up to do the DDC product, but alas, it won't push to our beloved Dominion ACS... Oh well. Did a demo on ProMax today, interesting, but not bleeding edge. I have a demo on DealerSocket Monday and ELead1 Weds. Ugh....I just signed up with DealerTrack Inventory plus in 2 stores, was hoping for integration with Dealer.com as a bonus, but they "forgot" to mention that I+ was just sold off to DealerSocket as part of the anti-monopoly provisions with Cox, so we may have a new vendor path forming. We'll see how they play together.

DealerSocket has very few redeeming qualities. I'd avoid it like the plague until their redesigned platform comes out in 2016. As they stand now I'd say they're 5 or so years behind the market/competition. Plus it's way too expensive given what it is. Elead's was very intuitive and user friendly when I used it.

I did a demo on DealerSocket several months ago. I know the dealers that use them seem to like them but I was underwhelmed. There was a lot of clicks required to do anything. I believe they have a new platform coming out next year which I imagine is much better.

I would seriously consider these CRMs.

Dealer Team

Based on Salesforce. I loved using this. Great support too. Well worth what they cost IMO.

Auto Raptor

Very user friendly.

DealerPeak

Great if you have a BDC and/or multiple rooftops

Momentum CRM

I have not used them and they are not as well known as the DealerSockets of the world but I have heard good things about the,

If you decide to go with Dealer.com or VIN Solutions I would ask them what their feature plans are for CRM now that DealerTrack bought Dealer.com and Cox Automotive (owns VIN Solutions) bought DealerTrack.

If you decide to go with Dealer.com or VIN Solutions I would ask them what their feature plans are for CRM now that DealerTrack bought Dealer.com and Cox Automotive (owns VIN Solutions) bought DealerTrack.

On this rare occasion I will shed my DealerRefresh hat to put on my Dealertrack/Dealer.com hat...

That is an excellent point. However, until the deal officially closes, there isn't an official CRM plan. Hopefully the deal closes soon and we can begin to discuss this topic. So, our sales team won't have much to say on this subject.

Off the record I'm really looking forward to these discussions. I think they're going to be fun and quite revealing ;)

I was all wound up to do the DDC product, but alas, it won't push to our beloved Dominion ACS... Oh well. Did a demo on ProMax today, interesting, but not bleeding edge. I have a demo on DealerSocket Monday and ELead1 Weds. Ugh....I just signed up with DealerTrack Inventory plus in 2 stores, was hoping for integration with Dealer.com as a bonus, but they "forgot" to mention that I+ was just sold off to DealerSocket as part of the anti-monopoly provisions with Cox, so we may have a new vendor path forming. We'll see how they play together.

What is it you are looking for that ProMax did not do?

On this rare occasion I will shed my DealerRefresh hat to put on my Dealertrack/Dealer.com hat...

That is an excellent point. However, until the deal officially closes, there isn't an official CRM plan. Hopefully the deal closes soon and we can begin to discuss this topic. So, our sales team won't have much to say on this subject.

Off the record I'm really looking forward to these discussions. I think they're going to be fun and quite revealing ;)

Hi Alex,

This has become an interesting thread! Thanks for your input. There is a YouTube video of you at NADA demo'ing the DDC system. Our DP loved the format. Sadly, it cannot push to our Dominion ACS DMS. Do you know of a way around that? I'm trying to consolidate vendors wherever practical. Our OEM uses DDC for the websites. It seemed like a perfect fit. Due to the "no push" hurdle, I have not had a full demo on it.

Ideas?

Thanks!

What is it you are looking for that ProMax did not do?

Biggest issue, they are not certified with our OEM, so they have some sort of third party work around. Additionally, I will lose a large amount of client notes with the conversion. Apparently, they also use my email domain for outbound emails, which could accelerate our domain getting blacklisted as a spam source. That being said, there are also some very cool features and reporting looks better/easier.

Hi Alex,

This has become an interesting thread! Thanks for your input. There is a YouTube video of you at NADA demo'ing the DDC system. Our DP loved the format. Sadly, it cannot push to our Dominion ACS DMS. Do you know of a way around that? I'm trying to consolidate vendors wherever practical. Our OEM uses DDC for the websites. It seemed like a perfect fit. Due to the "no push" hurdle, I have not had a full demo on it.

Ideas?

Thanks!

Glad to hear the video was watched....and liked!

Yeah, we have been prioritizing full DMS integrations based on the number of shared clients between that DMS company and our CRM. So, ADP/CDK, then Reynolds, then Dealertrack (notice we even integrated our own DMS based on shared clients) and so on...

Unfortunately, I don't have the answer as to where Dominion is on the list currently. But in the meantime we can do the traditional old integration over FTP. And that would be a conversation to have with one of my coworkers over the phone. Let me know if you want me to set that call up.

Glad to hear the video was watched....and liked!

Yeah, we have been prioritizing full DMS integrations based on the number of shared clients between that DMS company and our CRM. So, ADP/CDK, then Reynolds, then Dealertrack (notice we even integrated our own DMS based on shared clients) and so on...

Unfortunately, I don't have the answer as to where Dominion is on the list currently. But in the meantime we can do the traditional old integration over FTP. And that would be a conversation to have with one of my coworkers over the phone. Let me know if you want me to set that call up.

Hi Alex,

This is why I love DealerRefresh! I'm open to looking, I have not had a demo on the product, but I'm very interested. I spoke to Venus briefly, but the discussion stopped with the lack of the push to ACS. I'd love to see what is possible.

Thanks!
Bill

Quick tip: if you wait for the Reynolds integration to finish you'll never make it to DealerTrack.