• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

My Review of Phone Ninjas - Mystery Shop Service - 10/10 ★ - Phenomenal

kcar

Boss
Jun 14, 2011
First Name
B
I have been wanting to do this for awhile now, but haven't had the chance. Hope this isn't against the rules but Jerry Thibeau's company and service are phenomenal, and warrant the spotlight. It's not often I get excited about a automotive product but I am. I'm not affiliated with them, nor do I know them personally, I'm just a regular dealership person like most of you.

To start, Phone Ninja's offered a free mystery shop review for my dealership. (I think this speaks volumes as to how good the service really is, and to how much Jerry believes it is.) The communication via e-mail was very fast, they answered all of my questions and they started working the day after weekend. It took a few days to get the review back, but it was my salesperson's fault for not be responsive and following up. Considering the salesperson had issues, Phone Ninja's kept trying and went above and beyond, even speaking to managers to get a full mystery shop review.

After all of the information was collected, they sent me an incredible individual page of our results. They had e-mailed me times, rating scores, videos, phone call recordings, charts, even personal comments with tips and advice! The scoring system they use tells you where each weakness or strength you have in the phone calls and e-mails, and what to improve. The person who completed the mystery shops was fantastic, she actually wanted to help improve our dealership. Seemed like she really did love her job.

I've been contacted a few times after, absolutely no pressure, and haven't had the chance to sign up for more (after the review I've been revamping our process), but in the future there's no doubt I plan to work with Phone Ninjas again! Looking forward to trying out a few new things and sales processes and having his team mystery shop us soon. Thank you.

Overall: 10/10 ★

Ps. there's some really good content on his site too, http://www.phoneninjas.com/

Reactions: 2 people
Thanks for the nice mention gentlemen. Kcar, I had no clue you had tried out our service. What is the name of your dealership so I can look up your information? You can answer that in a private message or e-mail to me. Did you get a demo of our back end tool yet?

I've been contacted a few times after, absolutely no pressure, and haven't had the chance to sign up for more

That statement I am not happy about and I do plan to have a chat with my sales staff. I don't want them to be too high pressure, but I do want them to make sure they are asking for the sale. Did they ask for the sale? Thanks for the feedback on this.

KCAR - Very in depth review. I read Jerry's training manual a few months ago and got some very useful content out of it. I recommend it to all my dealers and even did a short book review here: Telephone and Internet Training Book Review for Car Dealers

Every dealership on here should order Jerry's phone training manual. I honestly thought twice about buying it because I figured he couldn't put much in it of value due to the price [$25]. I received it, read it, retread it , and ordered 2 or 3 more (can't remember). I was just an ISM at the time. I didn't need 4 copies, but I knew the day I became a director I was going to implement its teachings into my guys. Well one year later, my guys read it on their down time and we rehearse it. They aren't even phone scripts, a lot of them are more like flow charts. The thing that makes them different is they WORK. Especiallly the missed appointment salesman apology for being too busy lol. Much better than saying "why didnt you come in!?" You will not find a better "no bullshit" phone training guide for under $10", maybe not even over $100.

No, I do not use Jerry's service, yet.
No, I don't speak to jerry outside of DR. This is 100% me talking.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
We use it as well to great effect. I was able to shine a big bright spotlight on some folks that were wholly responsible for handling our phone and web traffic. Results were as I expected, below sub-par. I've made the store make a commitment to be on Phone Ninja's indefinitely. Jackie and Lindsay have been great with us with outstanding communication.

Wow! We too were mystery shopped by Jerry, and I've been trying for almost a month to make something come of it. Our sales process has changed in light of the results and I'm now hiring a BDC to handle the phones, chats and emails. Unfortunately, I've been instructed to hire undergrads that want part time work. I'm assuming I wont have anyone for longer than a year, so it seemed wasteful to have any kind of formal training, but a book like this would be PERFECT.

I'm assuming I wont have anyone for longer than a year, so it seemed wasteful to have any kind of formal training, but a book like this would be PERFECT.

Mike, I have to strongly disagree with that statement! Do you spend money on advertising every month? Of course you do! Well having a trained staff will make those advertising dollars more effective. Do you want your people sounding like this or this? The average dealer we start working with has a 20% appointment ratio with phone leads, imagine how effective your ad dollars become when you start appointing 60 -80 percent of your phone shoppers! Training is something that should be done daily and not once in a while. I implore you to rethink this statement!

Here's a look at the progress of a dealer that's been training for just over three months. Improvement is not something that happens overnight, it takes time and a commitment from those participating.

Growth.jpg

Sure people are going to come and go, but they'll go faster if not trained properly. When one does leave, you'll have other skilled employees that will make it easier for the replacement to become adapted to the dealerships expectations. I have invested the last 30 months of my life developing a product that produces results. When implemented properly anyone can get results if an effort is put forth and that commitment starts from the top down!

I hope I've made my point.

Last edited: