• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Mystery Shop Time!

This would be very interesting. You can try my Nissan store as they supposedly have the best salesmen, but no real internet process in place. I definitely would like the results posted here for everyone to see.

Nissan Dealers Middletown | New and Used Car Chester | Porter Nissan Newark, DE

On your Holm phone call you said your name was Jerry to the receptionist but Bob to the saleswoman haha!

Last edited:
I would like to thank Marc McGurren at Jerry's Auto Group for sharing his mystery shop with all of us.

Please keep in mind that these are not to make anyone look bad or get anyone in trouble. Our whole purpose is to digest these and offer opinions that will help everyone get better. With that said, I would like to see some community feedback on this mystery shop. Those of you who are chat experts, I would love to hear your take on the chat part of this mystery shop.

Here's the mystery shop: Jerry's Auto Group Mystery Shop

I am by no means an expert (and my own auto responders are going through a complete rewrite as we speak) but I noticed something in the Nissan section of the latest Mystery Shop.

In Marc's email back to Jerry, his last paragraph states:

"You can expect a price quote from us shortly. If for any reason you do not get a timely or professional reply, please call me at the numbers below or just reply to this message."

In more direct words, this says to me "If we don't get back to you then please do it for us and call us instead". It's our job to get in touch with our customers - how can we ask them to do that fairly important step for us?

I would leave it simply as "You can expect a price quote from us shortly." There are no if's or maybe's in there - you're putting your money where your mouth is and will likely earn respect from the customer if you follow through on your clear goals.

"You can expect a price quote from us shortly. If for any reason you do not get a timely or professional reply, please call me at the numbers below or just reply to this message."

In more direct words, this says to me "If we don't get back to you then please do it for us and call us instead". It's our job to get in touch with our customers - how can we ask them to do that fairly important step for us?

I would leave it simply as "You can expect a price quote from us shortly." There are no if's or maybe's in there - you're putting your money where your mouth is and will likely earn respect from the customer if you follow through on your clear goals.

Good catch! I like your thought process. Also make sure you read my latest article on auto responders.

Jerry your chat suggestions sounded right on the money. The thing that makes me wonder about chat is if it draws a more fast paced or paranoid customer than regular phone calls, or if it's somewhat of a normal spread comparitively.

Ghen,

Finishing up your mystery shop and should have that ready within the next 60 minutes. Just waiting for your new car department to respond to my lead. See if you can't give them a kick in the butt without tipping them off. All the other avenues are completed.

Jerry your chat suggestions sounded right on the money. The thing that makes me wonder about chat is if it draws a more fast paced or paranoid customer than regular phone calls, or if it's somewhat of a normal spread comparitively.

Our resident chat experts must be on vacation today. I'll send a few of them an e-mail and see if we can get some feedback.

Thank you to Porter Nissan for allowing us the opportunity to review their Mystery shop.

Here's the mystery shop: Porter Nissan

Please offer any advice you would like. What do you think of their process?

I think I am going to scale back to one per day tomorrow since I have a few other projects I need to spend some time on.

Who would like to be mystery shopped tomorrow? I am going to be charging for these in the near future, so jump on the "free" program while I am in the Christmas spirit.