• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Need help Windows 7 and Reynolds.

Bill,

Win7 isn't an issue with Reynolds anymore. They have replaced ERALink32 with a new Emulation program Called ERAccess, and it supports 32 & 64 bit 2k/xp/vista/win7 perfectly, i have verified this myself on 60+ units. Infact, at least at my store, eralink32 will no longer connect as of Jan. I would highly recommend purchasing any new PCs you get to make sure they have Win7 Pro 64, as 32bit OS can only support up to ~3.5gb of ram, and i won't purchase new units with under 4gb. Windows 7 Professional has a XP mode which runs incompatible software in a XP virtual machine. I do have to use the xp mode for a piece of software at work.

I just got a new DELL laptop, and I have used ERA (although havent tried to print)...it works...the only issue I'm having is when my compter is plugged intothe ERA server, out looks seems to just hang for sneding and receiving messages.
It can take up to 3 hours to send anything under 1MB. Reynolds support says they'll call me back..its been 3 days!

HAs anyone else had this issue? when I go wireless, the emails zip trhough...but I cannot use ERA on wireless....

I've revereted back to using the old desk top.....

Reynolds hosts our server here with a specific gateway....our IT guy cant seems to figure it out. When we use a different gateway which is not connected to Reynolds, it works fine...however then I wont be able to connect to ERA. I'm no IT guy and gateways etc are foreign to me, but not even Reynolds can seem to help at this point....jsut wondering if anyone here was experiencing the same.

Using a Mac Mini for daily use, 3 years and bullet proof so far. Carries a 28" HD monitor happily. I use Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac to access the AutoBase server.

You could use Parallels or VM Fusion, (my preference) or the free and very good Sun Virtual Machine open source VM. R&R will not likely get to excited about talking to you about the Mac, but there are ways to get it done. Once you are in Windows on the VM, it's the same as a PC.

Last edited:
Reynolds hosts our server here with a specific gateway....our IT guy cant seems to figure it out. When we use a different gateway which is not connected to Reynolds, it works fine...however then I wont be able to connect to ERA. I'm no IT guy and gateways etc are foreign to me, but not even Reynolds can seem to help at this point....jsut wondering if anyone here was experiencing the same.

If he is setting up the TCP/IP on the computer to the ERA server, it will have issues. Hard to know exactly what is happening, but the ERA software has it's own settings independent of the internet connection. You need to be on the same network. ERA's software will then look through the network to get to the server's IP address and talk to it. I'm surprised that R&R can't get you through this.

Typing the captcha remotely... Anyone know a way to get around these things with out someone physically being there and doing it for me? It will not allow me to advance unless someone on that machine types the "security question". I think it is detecting a remote user or something. If this is not enough explanation please let me know.

Anyone out there with a little direction?