• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

QR Codes - In or Out?

If I'm a consumer scanning a code on a vehicle, I expect a lot of info on that specific vehicle, photos, carfax, comments, contact info, maybe videos, etc.

I do have one question, how are you getting the QR Codes on magnets?

We are printing them on the magnets!

We were considering the QR Codes as a "Feature Advantage Benefit" story teller in video, more about providing key pieces of information on a Sunday (we're closed). But great call, it's time to start getting more mobile.

For those of you using QR codes, what is the best method of priningt them on labels? I have looked at some labels makers and thermal printers from Brotherand Dymo, but not sure if that would be the eay to go. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Bill,

If you just want labels with 1 QR Code that goes to your mobile site, you can easily buy them from many vendors on the Internet. We sell 500 (full color, photo quality, fused, water proof ink, UV proof, and they stay glued!) for $325 plus SH. PGIAuto.com | Window Labels

If you want each label to have a unique QR Code to each vehicle, you should talk to Nick Gorton 206.484.2895. He created a system that we use to create the individual QRs and print them and deliver them in the outgoing feeds.

For those of you using QR codes, what is the best method of priningt them on labels? I have looked at some labels makers and thermal printers from Brotherand Dymo, but not sure if that would be the eay to go. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Bill,
We have an automated system that will allow you to create a unique QR for each vehicle in your inventory that will print out on any window label as well as send the QR code as the last photo anywhere you are posting photos online. It allows a customer on Autotrader to transfer the vehicle/dealership details to their phone before they leave the house to buy a car. You can learn more about it at Carcodes - Homepage

A blank window sticker addendum works well and they do not take up much room. One nice thing about and addendum vs and Avery label is it gives you room to add a message or instructions. Just be sure to use a laser printer and not ink.

Bill,

It sounds like you are looking for a QR Code solution for your inventory. You can definitely do it by yourself if you wish. You will need a specialty printer, ink, specialty stickers, QR Code generator (easiest part), and time. Time is the big one, you will manually have to create each sticker. If your mobile device does not deep-link to specific vehicles and pages, I would not put any energy into QR yet.

I'm not sure if you were at NADA or Digital Dealer, but we showcased our Turn-Key Patent Pending QR Code solution. It makes it very simple to put QR Codes on every car, in the newspaper, around your store, on business cards, etc. I have several Toyota references available if you would like.

But if you want to learn more about doing it yourself, I would be happy to share some of the best practices with you.

Thanks.

James

Time is the big one, you will manually have to create each sticker. If your mobile device does not deep-link to specific vehicles and pages, I would not put any energy into QR yet.

James,

Please dont take offense but... my system already puts them on the labels creating a QR for every car linked to a mobile site with coupons, mobile carfax, contact form, leads send in text and xml, etc, etc etc. we even out the QR code in an extra photo for the car sequence so customers can also use QR codes in websites (instead of printing). This is a pretty easy thing to do. The most effort went into creating a good delivery system for the data, formatted for mobile and also to create a good tool for the salespeople to use.

This is an automated QR code added to the car and out automatically in a Craigs list template http://www.pgiauto.com/images/stories/news/cl_qr_2.jpg

All these for a few hundred bucks.

If we can do it, it means that shortly everyone will be able to do it.

For those of you using QR codes, what is the best method of printing them on labels? I have looked at some labels makers and thermal printers from Brotherand Dymo, but not sure if that would be the eay to go. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Moderated a few posts. Bill asked "For those of you using QR codes, what is the best method of printing them on labels?" not what vendors are providing the service. This triggered a short series of vendors trying to showcase their service (I understand the temptation but there is a right and wrong way). Therefore we decided to moderate.

Moderated a few posts. Bill asked "For those of you using QR codes, what is the best method of printing them on labels?" not what vendors are providing the service. This triggered a short series of vendors trying to showcase their service (I understand the temptation but there is a right and wrong way). Therefore we decided to moderate.

Jeff,

The best method to print them in labels (sorry for the stupid answer) is to use a printer... I think that the proper question/questions would be: What is the best way to mass print them? What is the easiest way to prints them?

Better questions would be: How to print a unique QR for every car rather than just one that goes to one URL.

That is why in this case the answer is that a system is needed. However since the technology is available I ended my answer by saying that if my system does it, any other system will shortly do. My hope is that with the right questions/answers Bill could go to his DMS or data collection company and get this included in his current system.