• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Screw the rules - I'm advertising!

It has been a while since I showed my face on DealerRefresh and I absolutely owe you each an apology for my absence (or maybe a "you're welcome" :) ). I have been in the "cave of development" for a while. Building software is no joke! I wish I could share my experience with everyone as it would completely change your perception of all vendors....no matter how evil you may think one is.

I'm happy to say we are full throttle in our CRM Beta program, and we're changing lives! Changing lives for the better is why I took this job and it is very exciting to see it happen.

Quinn has been hardcore busy with me and is absolutely earning his paycheck :thumbup: - we couldn't do this without him. Also, the DealerRefresh community has been a huge help too: Kershner, Pistell, and a few others who have asked to stay anonymous. It takes a team.

So, we're still on target for later this year, and will be showing this monster off very soon ;)

Reactions: 1 person
The video on the coming soon page is hilarious! Mercedes-Benz had a press release last month with an updated list of approved CRM vendors for OEM lead delivery. It used to be disgustingly short, and now it's just short, but dealer.com was on there. I thought to myself, they don't have CRM... and here we are. Will this product contend with VinSolutions and Dealer Socket as an all-in-one solution to inventory, internet lead management, and traditional CRM? I want so badly to like something better than Vin.

Reactions: 1 person
Short answer: yes.

Long answer: Dealer.com is truly one login on one platform. The core products: Websites, Inventory, and CRM have all been home-baked so all the wires, 1 and 0's, and ideas are fully understood and put together to work together. All the original designers are still part of the company and we have done exhaustive work in documenting how decisions were made and what was actually coded - this way, in case one of our designers (like me) gets hit by a bus, everything carries forward as planned.

When you own your own ideas and the owners of those ideas are still innovating on them, you have something very special.

Reactions: 3 people
Alex,

We have a few months before my ADP contract is up, and upon that contract expiration we intend to purchase a complete solution to CRM, Inventory, and ILM. There are only a couple horses in the race, but I'd really like to see your product before a decision is made. I'm thinking the timing on both our sides will be about right, but I'm trying to have a decision made and a migration plan in place before ADP's CRM goes away. Is there any way to demo your product at this time or is that something that can't happen until its official release?