• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Since DR is the only forum NOT sponsoring a conference this fall...

Will you do a follow up after attending both? I enjoy your posts and I think you'd have a very entertaining and informative perspective on the similarities and differences.

Thanks Ryan! I do count myself very lucky to have gone from 1 out-of-pocket to 2 paid for! I will be back with my pert opinions after the #DSES & #DD13 fun.

Now I just have to find something to do the last few days of the week!

Uncle Joe Rule #67

The best benefit to attending conventions is networking after hours. Get out and find where people are and mingle with vendors and dealers. Trade stories and business cards. Be sure to chat about your most frustrating challenges, people like to help, be prepared to get help.

The vendor booths and workshops aT the convention are added value ;-)

I agree. I have been to many conferences over the years and the best info I come back with, comes from mingling and networking with my peers. In truth, there have been some smaller local conferences that that was the sole purpose of my attendance.

I would also love to attend a DR meetup. Look out Jeff, we might invade Hagerstown... ;)

I agree. I have been to many conferences over the years and the best info I come back with, comes from mingling and networking with my peers. In truth, there have been some smaller local conferences that that was the sole purpose of my attendance.

I would also love to attend a DR meetup. Look out Jeff, we might invade Hagerstown... ;)

Hagerstown is the last place anyone would ever want to invade. Ha!

I would like to see members who work at dealerships speak.

I've seen my share of people who work at a dealership speak and while some are great, many others suck. Just because you are good at what you do does not mean you'll be a good presenter. You really should see a mixture. The are a lot of good vendor speakers out there who don't pitch.

Reactions: 2 people