• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

The usual suspects?

Dan Sayer

Boss
Staff member
Dec 4, 2009
Awards
First Name
Dan
I am replacing a website solution for a dealer group consisting of five stores, three cities, and multiple franchises. We will continue to use our DealerSocket so it is important that they integrate with that existing aspect. So far we have rounded up Dealer.com, BZ, Dealerfire, DealerPeak, and eCarList. Who would you throw in the mix knowing we have a Ford/Lincoln/Merc/Mazda store, two Ford/Lincoln/Merc stores, two Kia stores, and one Suzuki store?

Dan,

I have a similar setup as you with 8 stores in 2 cities and needed an autogroup portal site. I started looking around and I kept coming back to eCarlist. They are small enough yet big enough to get all what I needed done. They are more of a "boutique" service where they can customize and truly make your site(s) one of kind rather than a cookie cutter site.

With that said I have been extremely pleased with the performance. My bounce rate hovers in the 16-18%. Click throughs average 7-8 and time on site has consistently been in the 6 minute mark.

Any time I need changes done - it usually takes 2-3 days max with most changes done in 1 business day. Very receptive to dealers and what can make them better.

As you can see I have been very pleased with their website tools along with their inventory solutions. Feel free to check out Jerry Durant Auto Group | And Preowned Auto Dealer | Weatherford, Texas, Jerry's Hyundai - Weatherford | Hyundai Dealer | Weatherford, Texas, & Jerry Durant Hyundai | Hyundai Dealer | Granbury, Texas. I have 5 other sites that I currently have Cobalt and Clickmotive with that I am strongly considering letting eCarlist take the reigns on that one.

I also know Park Place Texas | Dallas | Fort Worth | Plano | Mercedes | Lexus has been very pleased with their services as well.

Hope that helps sir. If you have any customer related questions - shoot me a PM and I would love to talk more off line if you would like.

Dan,

We have been using DealerOn . com Car Dealer Websites | Auto Dealers Websites Design SEO SEM PPC Marketing for Automotive Car Dealers with a lot of success at our 2 stores. Their platform is very SEO friendly compared to most and they are known to have great converting sites. We currently get a conversion ration of over 9% on our Acura website (Dallas Acura dealer in Irving Texas - New and Used Acura dealership Arlington Fort Worth Plano Texas) and around 7% for our Audi website (Dallas Audi dealer in dfw Texas - New and Used Audi dealership Fort Worth Plano Grapevine Texas) I do not include phone calls in these numbers as tracking numbers will inflate your results (customers calling back on a number even though they are not on your website).

You can look us up in the search engines and you will notice we do well for the main keywords as well as the long-tail keywords. In addition, they send your customers to the page they are looking for and NOT to the main page, which I see as a clear advantage.

Whichever company you choose, make sure you ask them whether they have SEO friendly URLs including for each vehicle you have in inventory. I would also ask whether you can personally maintain your META tags as several companies restrict this access. For example, our Acura dealer is in a small suburb of Dallas called Irving TX. If it was up to some providers my website would be automatically set up for SEO, but it would be for Irving, TX and not the more important Dallas keyword.

Oscar,
Food for thought, your conversion rate is far more elusive than you think.

For example, think of the impact to your conversion rate if you are a Chevy store. Watch the conversion rate shrink! The Chevy shopper demo totally changes, the number of Chevy stores per capita gets far higher, the distance between Chevy stores shrinks. Factor in Brand loyalty too. Woops! Don't forget to factor in Brand Bartering. Chevy buyers expect to barter so leaving your name on a form is not always in the shoppers best interest.

What if your inventory shrunk to 25% of its current size. What of your conversion rate now? Far smaller for sure! Another twist would be, what if a new competitor rolled in with 2,500 new Acuras on the ground?.. ouch.

Also, we're well into the 4th, 5th, 6th time that a buyer has used the internet to buy a car. Does your internet process reward the web shopper with good info (so they'll use it again for the next buy?) Another factor, how good-or-bad have your competitors been at rewarding email use? Do they have inferior email practices that, over the years, have trained the loyal Acura shopper to only use you to email to?

See where I'm going? Conversion rate is created by... everything (not just the site).

Conversion rate connects to Distance between stores, Inventory depth, brand demographics, dealer reputation, dealer email commitment history, dealers per capita, oh.. did I mention the web site ;-)

Last edited: