• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Uncle Joe's Make Over Diary

Did you happen to read any online reviews about Used Car King? If so, did they have any influence on your decision to do business with Used Car King?

Jeff,
My Dealer truly loves all things digital. He sends me ideas, wants to see my ideas, he is convinced that FB is a giant opportunity (that I ignore ;-), but, when it comes to online reviews, he refuses my calls to get involved. Its my position that we build out a review business process before it becomes a problem.

As of this hour, review traffic is so low, that it has little if any impact on us... now.

Store #1: sun auto warehouse - Google Search

Store #2: sun auto warehouse - Google Search

Store #3: sun auto warehouse - Google Search

If a shopper digs deeper for reviews, they'll find just a few. So, in our market, reviews have little impact.

Did you happen to read any online reviews about Used Car King? If so, did they have any influence on your decision to do business with Used Car King?

OH! HAHAHA

NEED MORE COFFEE!!!

That's a question for the survey! hahaha... wow, some mornings the fog's extra thick!

Thnx for the survey question (the Dealer will NEVER want that in the survey ;-)

Jeff,
My Dealer truly loves all things digital. He sends me ideas, wants to see my ideas, he is convinced that FB is a giant opportunity (that I ignore ;-), but, when it comes to online reviews, he refuses my calls to get involved. Its my position that we build out a review business process before it becomes a problem.

As of this hour, review traffic is so low, that it has little if any impact on us... now.

Store #1: sun auto warehouse - Google Search

Store #2: sun auto warehouse - Google Search

Store #3: sun auto warehouse - Google Search

If a shopper digs deeper for reviews, they'll find just a few. So, in our market, reviews have little impact.

Joe - I have ran across this quite a few times myself. Dealer Principal will see value in Digital but either does not understand or does not want to get involved in the review game.

You should try and get a 3-5 reviews yourself and let him see it with his own eyes. The minute one or two negatives go on there he will change his tune.

I'm not sure how popular Yelp is in America but it's considered the "true" review site here in Canada. If you were able to generate 5-10 good reviews on Yelp they would probably equal the same street credit as 25 Google Reviews.. Crap this is probably a whole different thread. Sorry for taking the Diary off into another direction.

Always look forward to reading your tales from the front line.

Joe - I have ran across this quite a few times myself. Dealer Principal will see value in Digital but either does not understand or does not want to get involved in the review game.

You should try and get a 3-5 reviews yourself and let him see it with his own eyes. The minute one or two negatives go on there he will change his tune.

I'm not sure how popular Yelp is in America but it's considered the "true" review site here in Canada. If you were able to generate 5-10 good reviews on Yelp they would probably equal the same street credit as 25 Google Reviews.. Crap this is probably a whole different thread. Sorry for taking the Diary off into another direction.

Always look forward to reading your tales from the front line.

Dealers RARELY view anything from the shoppers perspective. That's why they think FaceBook is the next coming of Christ </sarcasm>.

We all know Dealers rarely are proactive, they are reactive. They'll wait until the fire gets to them before they become interested.

In my case, I just sit and watch the brush fire smolder...

I am updating my post sale survey for 2012. I'm looking for questions that I need to ask to get a read on the buyer. I'll post it in the next post below.

New Questions for 2012 will be:

Do use FaceBook.com?
___Yes
___No

If yes, how often do you visit FaceBook.com?
___Rarely
___A couple times a week
___Daily
___Several times a day

What are the top 3 tv chanels you watch? 85% of our customers watch the local stations the most!

It should help you with your media buying.

Pandora?

Reactions: 1 person