• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What are you using for your Photo Booth Curtains?

Great topic! I have been wanting to throw some money at a photo booth at the dealership for the interior photos.

For the photo geeks in the group I have been using the Canon 10-22mm (Link) and a Canon 7D.

I wonder how many consumers end up thinking these are stock / photo shoot pictures and not the actual inventory pictures?

Especially if your dealership site isnt the first they've visited...

but anyways, Bravo bravo! Best dealer-taken pics I have ever seen

Thank you for the kind words. I have been asked a few times it the photos were "stock", but usually people are familiar with the area and recognize the scenery.

A few photos on the way home last night:
20110427-IMG_8876.jpg20110427-IMG_8897.jpg
pencil.png

Last edited:
Here is my latest one: 30x35x12

RT.jpg

We built this one for $5k.
Here are few examples:
BMW 328i.jpg

Toyota Rav 4.jpg

For the lights we use T5 Fluorescent lights, for the filter at the top we used Delta 1 Nylon Ripstop Diffusion Material, White - 60 x 45410 B&H and for the sites we used Drapery Blackout Fabric ( Light weight).

As you can see we decided to go to only 4 lights in the corners in an effort to reduce the glare:

Nissan.jpg

Few Thoughts:

• If you can build yours 12 feet high (Lifted Trucks, SUV's ...) so you don't get this:

Chevy.jpg

• Paint the Floors a light Gray... If it its to dark you get something like this:
4Runner.jpg

If it is to light you have to have them perfectly clean ( this could be a problem at high volume stores... or with stores that just get into this ... sometimes It is very hard to tell your GM/Owner that you need to hire few more people to help you keep the pictures place clean, move the cars in and out ... this after you just spent 5-10k on building the place and equipment); however, you could get pictures like this:

Audi.jpg
( not my picture. This one is from " The Thompson Organization - BMW, Lexus, Toyota & Scion Dealer | Doylestown, PA ")