• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Reynolds & Reynolds New Security?

I think it is a crock of shit that Reynolds decided to increase revenue by making it even more difficult to get reliable data access from their system.

I was glad to see them removed from two of our stores..., I should upload the screenshot of the ERA server sitting in its 20U rack in the wash bay waiting for Reynolds to come and pick it up...

Am I the only one that feels when it comes to DMS providers there is no great alternative?

We're one of those sad vendors getting locked out by Reynolds at the end of the year. Do I understand right that this new security update with Reynolds will put an end to telnet access entirely? I understand ERAccess uses some sort of secured telnet connection, does anyone know anything about that?

We're one of those sad vendors getting locked out by Reynolds at the end of the year. Do I understand right that this new security update with Reynolds will put an end to telnet access entirely? I understand ERAccess uses some sort of secured telnet connection, does anyone know anything about that?

I think its using SSH instead of telnet. Generic terminal emulators will no longer be able to connect to an ERA server.