• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dealer.com - why is it taking so long to get my site built and inventory right?

Daringo

Full Sticker
Apr 22, 2013
First Name
D
We signed up for a group site over a month ago and told our rep we needed it built out ASAP. We are on week 5 and still the inventory is incorrect (and missing an entire brand, counts are off) and since you started with an account we had several years ago, we are dealing with REMOVING brands we no longer carry. I specifically asked to start a new account to avoid this. We use Homenet like everybody else and our 2 other vendors seem to get this right.

I write this here in DealerRefresh in hopes that someone from Dealer.com can move things along because phone calls to you guys isn't working.

And another thing... my first "Group Meeting" to meet all the people I would be dealing with was cancelled because apparently Dealer.com had a more important company meeting they needed to attend. Only the gal from billing was on the call and that got awkward.

Hello?

--------------------------------
Eh... looks like venting is getting things moving in the right direction.

Last edited:
are you 100% certain the inventory faults are unrelated to your DMS / inventory feed? Dealer.com is very good about resolving most issues (especially ones of this magnitude) very quickly in my experience. Believe me when I say, "We've had more than our fair share of inventory feed related fires" and almost every time Dealer.com was at the top of their game.

Also, speaking from experience Homenet is a god damned nightmare to deal with. We left Dealeron and Homenet at the same time roughly 1 1/2 years ago because they could not figure out even the most simple of inventory related issues. We went to Dealer.com and have never looked back.

DDC'rs are all over this board so it's only a matter of time before Joe or Alex or someone jumps in to help you (if they haven't already)!

This is a bit off topic, but a round of applause to Jeff and the members of the Dealer Refresh community.

Threads like this are great for furthering vendor/dealer relations and fixing issues and calming frustrations. Bravo to those who use social media/networking to get sh!t fixed. :thumbup:

are you 100% certain the inventory faults are unrelated to your DMS / inventory feed? Dealer.com is very good about resolving most issues (especially ones of this magnitude) very quickly in my experience. Believe me when I say, "We've had more than our fair share of inventory feed related fires" and almost every time Dealer.com was at the top of their game.

Also, speaking from experience Homenet is a god damned nightmare to deal with. We left Dealeron and Homenet at the same time roughly 1 1/2 years ago because they could not figure out even the most simple of inventory related issues. We went to Dealer.com and have never looked back.

DDC'rs are all over this board so it's only a matter of time before Joe or Alex or someone jumps in to help you (if they haven't already)!

Yep it was a vendor issue and not feed/DMS issue. Worked out. All is good.

I just wanted to say that with many vendors we've used there are on-boarding / build-out pains (promised features, deadlines missed, inventory accuracy, and so on). But at least with dealer.com they have delivered what they promised and find a way to make the changes we ask for (some of which have been custom). It's nice to be working with these guys again even though we got a little behind our self imposed 30 day deadline. Thanks Joe and the team!

Last edited: