• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How do you streamline dealer trades?

Matt Ramsey

Green Pea
Nov 30, 2015
First Name
Matt
What are some ideas to streamline the dealer trade process? I'm talking about once you and the other dealer have agreed on which vehicles your swapping, what is your process from that standpoint? Currently I am just making a spreadsheet and printing the trade sheet. Then save it into a file on my computer. Anyone using a better system?

Do you use the worksheet and trade history in Dealer Daily?

If no, get whoever is in charge of staff master to give you inventory trade privileges in dealer daily. I can walk you through how to execute the trade paperwork so it stores, and how to pull the info for your trade history once you can access that.

If yes, what more are you looking to accomplish? Every dealership I've been at just hands all of the paperwork to accounting once that's done.

Bravo! This is what the Refresh community is all about! Blake, thanks for helping Matt out. I believe most OEM's have something available, it's finding it and/or finding the person(s) that knows the answer.

Blake, how did you know Matt was a Toyota dealer? I believe i know the answer, but I want to hear YOUR answer.

@Matt Ramsey thanks for leveraging the Refresh community.

Bravo! This is what the Refresh community is all about! Blake, thanks for helping Matt out. I believe most OEM's have something available, it's finding it and/or finding the person(s) that knows the answer.

Blake, how did you know Matt was a Toyota dealer? I believe i know the answer, but I want to hear YOUR answer.

haha for the shameless plug, Jeff! but yes, you are absolutely correct with what I know you're implying; I knew where he worked because of his profile page -- the profile page that you have encouraged everyone to update with correct information!

It's always great to see a plan unfold as you intended. Nice work.

haha for the shameless plug, Jeff! but yes, you are absolutely correct with what I know you're implying; I knew where he worked because of his profile page -- the profile page that you have encouraged everyone to update with correct information!

It's always great to see a plan unfold as you intended. Nice work.

No shame in that. I just wanted to hear you say it (or type it) Bahaha. :poke:

Whenever you're resorting to a spreadsheet it's a sign of things to come. Nothing helps you organize data better than a spreadsheet, until you begin interacting with the people (or data) on the spreadsheet. When this occurs you need a more robust solution.

When it comes to vehicle trades, there are tools, but they are limited.

Curious, are you only concerned about dealer-to-dealer trades? New vehicles? What about used vehicle trades/acquisitions?