• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

New Google My Business Feature

Jason

Boss
Dec 22, 2009
Awards
First Name
Jason
ICYMI, last week Google added a new feature that allows you to upload videos directly to your Google My Business Page. You'll find the option in your GMB Dashboard under the Photos menu.

Google suggests, and I tend to agree, that a video that tells the story of your business and what makes you special is a good place to start.

When you add a video, comment here so we can check it out!

GMB-Video-Upload.jpg

ICYMI, last week Google added a new feature that allows you to upload videos directly to your Google My Business Page. You'll find the option in your GMB Dashboard under the Photos menu.
What's crazy is Google first introduced the video feature to local business listings 10 years ago and now they finally decided to bring it back. Might have been slightly ahead of its time back then but now its much overdue.

https://searchengineland.com/add-videos-to-your-google-local-business-profile-13608

@Chris Leslie Vids are supposed to show up under the photos section on your GMB listing. I checked on my end and didn't see your vid there either. I just discovered that there are some content specific criteria that your video must meet, so it's possible your video isn't inline with what the Goog is looking for. Here are a few of the guidelines, the rest of the list can be found here

• For traditional digital photos and videos, superimposed content cannot take up more than 10% of the image or video, and must be limited to a single edge.
  • Superimposed text or graphics must be relevant.
  • Distracting superimposed text or graphics are not permitted.

@Jeff Kershner I'd recommend using a video from your DP or GM that talks about what makes your dealership unique, and why consumers should consider you. Mix in some high quality b-roll of your facility and you'll be off to the races. As far as how many videos you can upload, that I'm not sure of yet.

In reference to Google, I have not seen that option. Very neat! I like how they selectively insert those in some accounts and others not. Funny... and that's crazy @reverson that they did have that years ago. Probably didn't have the infrastructure to support it. Maybe their YouTube options weren't as scalable. Dunno...?

Last edited: