• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Automotive Reject, Vendor CEO?

FrigginBandit

Made Draw
Feb 11, 2018
Not necessarily a gripe but more of an observation. I’ve been vetting vendors lately and have found an alarming number of their “retail work” has been that of failure. Does this worry anyone else?

Bankrupting stores, being terminated due to inproprieties, prison time, criminal records... wow!

Alex and I have had this conversation before... What would the technology solution landscape look like if an actual, successful GM of at least a small dealer group set-out to build useful technology that streamlines operations in the dealership? Someone with real experience managing customers and cars across multiple profit centers...

Hard to believe it would resemble the fragmented (silo'd), overlapping solutions dominating today's marketplace.

Whaaaaaat??? There are no failed car guys in technology :rofl:
Kaboom-Factory-Logo.gif

Reactions: FrigginBandit
Last edited:
Reactions: FrigginBandit
Sometimes it's easier to be on the vendor side who can go in and talk the talk then leave a day later without having to produce the results themselves.

There's way too many frauds in the automotive industry, it all comes down to too many saying instead of actually doing.
VERY well said, it's like all vendors have a get out of jail free card and they also can make it up as they go along. "I was a GM" or "I owned a store" or my personal favorite "I sold 100 cars in a single month" hahahaha really buddy?