• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

ryan.leslie

One of the good guys
Apr 20, 2009
Awards
First Name
Ryan
We haven't done one of these in a while!
  • Are you headed to NADA?
  • What are you most looking forward to at the show?
  • If you are a dealer, what is on your list of "must-see" tools and technologies?
  • If you are a vendor working a booth, where can we find you and what are you giving away that dealers can't miss?

Are you headed to NADA?
Wednesday to Monday

What are you most looking forward to at the show?
16 hours of standing and walking around.
Candy at the https://www.autosweet.com/ booth

If you are a vendor working a booth, where can we find you and what are you giving away that dealers can't miss?
Vicimus has a booth at 2170C - I'll be there on and off throughout the show.
We have knowledge to share, brainstorming stations and whiteboard markers.
Also, a draw for $10,000 worth of Bumper campaigns I believe.

demo-graphic.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexander Lau

Ha! Never fear, candy will be here. Bringing 800 boxes this time, we've run out the last two shows. Also doing a drawing for dinner for two at Nobu both Friday and Saturday (and if you haven't eaten at Nobu, it is spectacular!).

I want to see how many people are talking voice and AI, which I'm assuming is going to be a lot. As always, looking forward to seeing friends and clients and losing thousands of dollars at the tables.

iuG53h7QzeJ8jK0EJIsCD3Cfw0wrUURM0Twfmfu1NUszc8wIRwPrKtWFIOtwKBmJrvIEIt-6wrKFAaPn42rlENWVAbqAcdXNNq2M4x1KehIAVmlqJfJMEU4zoT4sivS7Uk-KbeLFvRU166Wv5Vgf0ys=s0-d-e1-ft

Yes, I'll be headed there Thursday!

I'm most looking forward to the educational sessions and learning about new offerings. I also like to visit our current vendor partners and have them give me a demo as they would to a new client, I often come away learning new things doing this.

I'm least looking forward to the nonstop barrage of vendor phone calls that I'll have to ignore both before and after the show. Answering vendor calls and doing "quick 30 minute demos" could literally be a full-time job. :eyepoke:

I'm least looking forward to the nonstop barrage of vendor phone calls that I'll have to ignore both before and after the show. Answering vendor calls and doing "quick 30 minute demos" could literally be a full-time job. :eyepoke:

Ryan, serious question here, because I'm always trying to balance this with my team. I never want them to call the week after the show, but generally send a VERY short "thanks for stopping by, I will call next week...call me if you need to talk before that" email. One big difference with us, we don't just scan/scan/scan and always try to do at least a short product demo at the show before we scan, but what would you suggest for the best way to reach out after?

We truly don't want to be a pain...but we also have a tens of thousands invested in the show we have to pay for! I'd love to find a painless (or more painless) way to do it.

• Useful
Reactions: craigh
Ryan, serious question here, because I'm always trying to balance this with my team. I never want them to call the week after the show, but generally send a VERY short "thanks for stopping by, I will call next week...call me if you need to talk before that" email. One big difference with us, we don't just scan/scan/scan and always try to do at least a short product demo at the show before we scan, but what would you suggest for the best way to reach out after?

We truly don't want to be a pain...but we also have a tens of thousands invested in the show we have to pay for! I'd love to find a painless (or more painless) way to do it.
I may be unique but I'll demo products / services at the show and if I'm interested I'll follow back up with them on my own. Having a salesperson reach out to me afterwards on a service I've already decided I'm not interested in is pointless and a waste of time for both parties.

Some companies are absolutely relentless and no matter how many times you tell them you're not interested they continue to call on a weekly basis. It can take 5+ minutes to get them off the phone.

I may be unique but I'll demo products / services at the show and if I'm interested I'll follow back up with them on my own. Having a salesperson reach out to me afterwards on a service I've already decided I'm not interested in is pointless and a waste of time for both parties.

Some companies are absolutely relentless and no matter how many times you tell them you're not interested they continue to call on a weekly basis. It can take 5+ minutes to get them off the phone.

I would say you are a little unique, in that lots of folks see a few minutes and want to see more later. I will definitely say, I'd never allow a rep to push that hard. We're pretty easy about taking a "no". Appreciate the feedback.

@reverson I could not agree with you more on this!!!!