• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Security Cameras / Alarms / Guards

Most dealers I work with have cameras on the lot and at the entrances, but nothing inside the building.
I've never seen guards, but building alarms are pretty standard.

Having seen numerous theft situations arise, I can confirm that cameras are better for deterrence than actual enforcement, as footage is rarely acceptable or able to be used in a conviction of any kind. The advice I was given was to focus on lighting and highly visual cameras, real or fake.

I'm not an expert on any of what you had asked. However, I know Biometric tools like https://findface.pro/en/industries/face-recognition-for-retail.html (where offline is gathered and then can be cross-referenced to online) would be an efficacious tool at the dealership level. Someone out there is going to make a mint off of this offering in the near future. The reality is, there are security mechanisms placed into those retail systems (aforementioned) as well, not that anyone is stealing cars very easily from showrooms or lots, but...

Customer activity analysis
Counting unique, returned and passed by customers will give a quick, accurate and truthful analysis of the profitability of the outlet and will optimize its work. The algorithm is set up to the ability to exclude all employees of the store from the analysis.

Promotion
The customers and promoters emotional state evaluation at the promo stands will help to evaluate the effectiveness of promotional actions.

Targeted Advertising
The system is set up for displaying video ads for a particular visitor according to his gender, age and emotional state. Meet the needs of the target audience and Increase sales!

CSat Measurement
Tracking the client's emotional state at various points in the sales area and at the cashier desk will help to measure customer satisfaction with the retail outlet in general and with each it's zone.

Don’t miss the VIP!
Face recognition will help to identify the VIP client right at the entrance and give you comprehensive information about him/her from the CRM system.

Last edited:
Reactions: craigh
Don’t miss the VIP!
Face recognition will help to identify the VIP client right at the entrance and give you comprehensive information about him/her from the CRM system.

We used this in a luxury fashion retail business.
It's amazing, creepy and one of the best sales tools.
They have eye tracking to determine which products are being viewed so you can A/B test all your product layouts as well.
When "John Smith" walks in, you know his name, his purchase history, what he likes to see, what he might be returning, etc.

They tried to do this on automotive lots with beacons, but every attempt I have seen has failed because the range detection on the devices is inherently flawed.

• Useful
Reactions: Alexander Lau
Sorry @PaytonGraves

FettThreadKiller.png