• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Call Tracking Numbers

CAORYAN

Boss
May 28, 2009
First Name
Ryan
Whats most important for you with your call tracking package?

Whats the most important Feature?

What would you like to see change with your call tracking numbers?

How many numbers do you have compared to how many you actually use?

Are you in a long term contract?

Do you get to keep your numbers? Based on my knowledge call source allows you to keep your number but not everyone else.

In your experience who is the best company overall?

Is changing companies to much of a hassle to save $100 monthly?

Not what you asked for, but I'll give you the answers from someone who currently does NOT use call tracking.

Whats most important for you with your call tracking package?

tracking performance of individual call answerers

Whats the most important Feature?

easy to use GUI
Are you in a long term contract?

I wouldn't trust any company that forces me into a long term contract just to get prices down to market level or slightly below. Now, $100/month below a otherwise equal competitor? I might sign up for a year or two with a free demo and opt out at the end of the demo.

Do you get to keep your numbers? Based on my knowledge call source allows you to keep your number but not everyone else.

One of the big features for call source. I don't know the value of that though vs. the savings or features elsewhere in a competitors package.

Is changing companies to much of a hassle to save $100 monthly?

That depends if you have access to your calls that were already made from the previous company and/or if you can still receive residual calls from the old 800 number for a month or so after it's taken down.. Maybe an assurance that they won't re-use that phone number for a year. so that people are forced to at least look at your website for the new 800 number when they receive a disconnected message.

If you get none of that, then it will be a rough transfer for your customers. And you'll loose all your individual call receiver's statistics.

Call Tracking Attribution
Call Tracking Logs – It’s imperative to have your call tracking set-up properly so that you can really know what generated that phone call, not just have it labeled “website.” The tracking logs should be able to tell you whether that phone call was generated from paid search, a click from Facebook, or another specific source. This weighs heavily since many consumers call in rather than convert.

Dynamic Call Tracking – This level of call tracking enables you to further drill down on the influences that triggered that phone call. Rather than simply knowing that the phone call was generated through paid search, dynamic call tracking tells you that it came from a specific keyword which triggered the ad, allowing you to attribute and monitor specific campaign results.

:bump: it Tuesday. Has much changed since 2009 when it comes to call tracking?

As far as traditional recording tools save your money, no one will listen to calls. We investigated and built the entire project requirements for a transcription service with automated real time scoring. We opted not to do this as we felt it was it's own company and outside of Driven Data's scope. I strongly encourage any entrepreneurs to take this up. The business metrics are really strong. Any company that says they only use humans to score because machine learning is inaccurate isn't trying hard enough. Automated call scoring has been around in call centers for a long time.

This to me is a product that solves a lot of problems and can be priced per user. The costs for doing the transcriptions are like .006 per 15 secs....basically 10 cents for a 4 minute call. https://cloud.google.com/speech/

Build it , it will sell!!! We would love to partner with you also because this is a great idea.

We use CallRail. It's got a super nice GUI and it's pretty damn cheap. The dynamic call tracking is easy to set up too - it allows you to see not just the source/medium/campaign but also the keyword that triggered the ad or whatever other data you want to pass through. My only complaint with callrail is that the calls always seem to have like a one second lag - just enough that the salesperson and the customer continuously interrupt each other.

https://www.callrail.com/

What call tracking companies do you guys use? Might be interested in switching just because of the lag.

We use CallRail. It's got a super nice GUI and it's pretty damn cheap. The dynamic call tracking is easy to set up too - it allows you to see not just the source/medium/campaign but also the keyword that triggered the ad or whatever other data you want to pass through. My only complaint with callrail is that the calls always seem to have like a one second lag - just enough that the salesperson and the customer continuously interrupt each other.

What call tracking companies do you guys use? Might be interested in switching just because of the lag.
I'm on Callrail with one of my stores and have noticed the lag, but only with one rep. I figured it was unique to him, but maybe's actually a CallRail issue.

Not the first time CallRail has been brought up here in the forums. Though I wasn't overly impressed with the demo. Maybe it was an off day for me.