• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

New Safety Systems, a new search arrtibute

joe.pistell

Uncle Joe
Apr 7, 2009
Awards
First Name
Joe
Are there any car classified sites that allow a shopper to add safety systems into the search experience? I can't find one.

User Story: My job is going well and we've just had our 1st child. I want to protect my family with the best system I can find. Where can I go to help me reduce and focus my consideration set?
User Story: My elderly father is still driving, but I see he's less aware than he used to be. He needs a new car with the best safety system made.

A list of safety systems from Consumer Reports:
  1. Automatic emergency braking (AEB): Brakes are automatically applied to prevent a collision or reduce collision speed.
  2. Forward-collision warning (FCW): Visual and/or audible warning intended alert the driver and prevent a collision.
  3. Blind-spot warning (BSW): Visual and/or audible notification of vehicle in blind spot. The system may provide an additional warning if you use your turn signal when there is a car next to you in another lane.
  4. Rear cross-traffic warning: Visual, audible, or haptic notification of object or vehicle out of rear camera range, but could be moving into it.
  5. Rear automatic emergency braking (Rear AEB): Brakes are automatically applied to prevent backing into something behind the vehicle. This could be triggered by the rear cross-traffic system, or other sensors on the vehicle.
  6. Lane-departure warning (LDW): Visual, audible, or haptic warning to alert the driver when they are crossing lane markings.
  7. Lane-keeping assist (LKA): Automatic corrective steering input or braking provided by the vehicle when crossing lane markings.
  8. Lane-centering assist: Continuous active steering to stay in between lanes (active steer, autosteer, etc.)
  9. Adaptive cruise control: Adaptive cruise uses lasers, radar, cameras, or a combination of these systems to keep a constant distance between you and the car ahead, automatically maintaining a safe following distance. If highway traffic slows, some systems will bring the car to a complete stop and automatically come back to speed when traffic gets going again, allowing the driver to do little more than pay attention and steer.

Are there any car classified sites that allow a shopper to add safety systems into the search experience? I can't find one.

User Story: My job is going well and we've just had our 1st child. I want to protect my family with the best system I can find. Where can I go to help me reduce and focus my consideration set?
User Story: My elderly father is still driving, but I see he's less aware than he used to be. He needs a new car with the best safety system made.
Easy, just buy a Subaru ;-)