• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

CDK has so many trackers on site, including an Amazon tracker

Cody Teegerstrom

Push Start
Dec 9, 2016
Awards
First Name
Cody
I've noticed that CDK has WAY MORE trackers on our CDK site, compared to our other websites, with DealerInspire and Dealer.com. You can go to one of our VDP pages, on our CDK site, and see up to 80 trackers showing up, using Ghostery!!! I noticed one in-particular that I wanted to ask the DealerRefresh community about...an Amazon Associates tracker?

The Amazon Associates tracker bio reads,
"advertise Amazon products to monetize your website"

Do any other CDK dealers see a ton of trackers on their sites?
Does anyone know about the Amazon Associates tracker?

trackers_FBG_2.jpg

trackers_FBG_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I love bashing CDK, this could be a result of any other 3rd party scripts on the site as well. Are you using any other 3rd party providers (marketing, data, widgets, etc.) that you aren't using on your other sites?

Most Amazon scripts (not sure about this one) are for crediting referrals.
if your website has Amazon links, they get appended with referral code so that you get paid for every visitor that purchases after clicking your amazon links.

I imagine it came from a third party vendor that has an option of listing Amazon items or something along those lines.

Bing & Yelp power Alexa, that is where it is getting the location information from. That type of code is normally used by affiliates who sell products or serve up ads on websites and get paid a percentage of what is sold through their affiliate ID. I used to do it many moons ago with Ebay and dropping cookies on anyone and everyone's computer I possibly could.

The code on your site appears to be coming from this Google tag manager

https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id=GTM-NBTHFZD

Remove that tag and see if the Amazon pixel goes away.